problem with "view-draft" rights?

Raphael Unterweger

Feb 17, 2022, 8:56:50 AM2/17/22
to AtoM Users
Hello AtoM Community,

we encountered a strange problem and we have no clue whats going on. We have createtd an authority/archive with some Information objects, and there are no drafts in there. If we now give a user view-drafts rights on all information objects of that authority, the user gets a http 500 on all information objects, even those of other authorities which should be public. The logs say: Could not build SQL for expression: information_object.RGT <= NULL. has anyone encountered this problem too? What has gone wrong? What have we done wrong?

Help would be very welcome.

many greets
Raphael

Dan Gillean

Feb 17, 2022, 9:49:59 AM2/17/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Raphael,

I'm not sure what exactly has led to this issue, but usually when you see errors related to RGT or LFT, this refers to the nested set model - a method of optimizing hierarchical data relationships in the comparatively flat, table-based structure of a relational database. See for example:
Sometimes AtoM's nested set can become corrupted when long-running operations time out before completing as expected. Fortunately, there is a command-line task that can quickly rebuild the nested set. Try the following from AtoM's root installation directory:
To ensure you are seeing the latest results, I'd suggest clearing the application cache and restarting PHP-FPM after as well. See:
Let us know if that resolves the issue!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Raphael Unterweger

Feb 24, 2022, 7:41:44 AM2/24/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dan,

thank you very much, rebuilding the nested set was the right thing to do, it seems to work now :D

many greets

Raphael

IUI – Innsbruck University Innovations