Meetup on Thurs 4/4

Benjamin Oakes

Mar 29, 2013, 10:48:15 AM3/29/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The next ICRuby meetup is coming up on Thursday, April 4th.  Any topic ideas or people who would like to present something?

If you're new to the group, you can find more info about our meeting schedule and location on our website:  http://www.icruby.org

See you then,

Ben

geemus (Wesley Beary)

Mar 29, 2013, 10:51:10 AM3/29/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
Lightning talks would be awesome, just saying...

--

---

Benjamin Oakes

Mar 29, 2013, 10:55:00 AM3/29/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
I'd be up for that.  I'll see what I can come up with...

Any other volunteers?

geemus (Wesley Beary)

Apr 2, 2013, 2:12:55 PM4/2/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
I can talk about something also. Babbage maybe (I don't think I've covered this before?).

Aaron Frerichs

Apr 2, 2013, 3:06:59 PM4/2/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to try to make it this month. I have a quick presentation I put together on pair programming that I could share if anyone is interested.

Nathan L Smith

Apr 2, 2013, 3:26:22 PM4/2/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
I might be able to talk about something, though it may or may not be Ruby.

Benjamin Oakes

Apr 2, 2013, 5:47:30 PM4/2/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
I'm really looking forward to this.  Aaron: I'll be interested in hearing how your pairing workflow compares to ours.

I'm planning to talk about techniques we've been using to speed up our test suite.

Ben

Benjamin Oakes

Apr 3, 2013, 12:01:59 AM4/3/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
As I'm working out what I'm planning to say, I'm reminded that we should have a timeframe in mind.

In the past when I've done lightning talks, there's been a limit of 5 mins.  Maybe we should target 5 mins, and use leftover time for questions/discussion?

Ben

geemus (Wesley Beary)

Apr 3, 2013, 10:40:45 AM4/3/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
5 minutes sounds good to me.

drhinehart

Apr 4, 2013, 9:45:57 AM4/4/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
For someone that's not very familiar with the Iowa City area, can someone post directions to the meetup location?

Thanks!
Dave

Benjamin Oakes

Apr 4, 2013, 10:00:19 AM4/4/13
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

Sure, happy to help!

This is the approximate address:

Old Capitol Town Center
201 South Clinton Street
Iowa City, IA 52240

It's a mall downtown, but the university has most of the 2nd floor where we'll be meeting.  The meeting room is off a hallway leading towards the parking ramp (which would be a good place for you to park).

Specifically, we're meeting in University of Iowa ITS Room #2900.

Hoping to see you there,

Ben

Ben