Ruby meetup this Thursday (6/5)

Benjamin Oakes

Jun 4, 2014, 12:26:00 AM6/4/14
to ic-...@googlegroups.com
It's almost time for the next IC Ruby.  Does anyone have anything they'd like to present or discuss?  (E.g. something you've been working on -- it doesn't have to be too flashy!)

A few of us at Continuity recently watched Sandi Metz' "All the Little Things", which was a great talk.  If anyone's interested, I wouldn't mind watching it again (38 mins) and discussing.  The type of refactoring she discusses for the Gilded Rose kata definitely comes up in real life, especially in a mature codebase.

I'm also curious if anyone in the group actively practices using kata.  (Katas?)  It's a habit I've wanted to develop for a while.

Ben

geemus (Wesley Beary)

Jun 5, 2014, 9:27:37 AM6/5/14
to ic-...@googlegroups.com