2nd Congres of Indonesia Diaspora

Afra Pradana Rahman

Jul 22, 2013, 9:48:01 PM7/22/13
to ic-jp
Dear ICJ members,

If you happen to be in Jakarta on the 17, 18, and 19th of August, please come with me and join the 2nd Congress of Indonesia Diaspora! I can help you register on behalf of ICJ. There's lots of interesting topics and great opportunity to meet new people.

Congress of Indonesia Diaspora (CID) is an event aims to inspire Indonesian diaspora communities to connect and to unite themselves into one big community and create a tangible force in order to achieve a better Indonesia. The event also aims to foster and implement concrete initiatives to empower Indonesian communities worldwide. CID will be a landmark event that can create a paradigm shift in what it means to be part of the Indonesian Diaspora in the 21st century. In the past, CID primarily focused on the role of Indonesian migrant workers, who remain an essential part of the Indonesian Diaspora, but do not reflect the full and diverse spectrum of the Indonesian Diaspora across the globe.

A significant source of the Indonesian Diaspora’s strength lies in its size and its diversity. That is why “Indonesian Diaspora” is defined as broadly as possible for CID. For example, every Indonesian national who lives overseas – regardless of their religion, ethnicity, occupation or visa status –is invited to join us. Moreover, non-Indonesian nationals - those who are of Indonesian descent; those who have commercial interests in Indonesia; or Indonesianists who care deeply about our country’s future – are an essential part of the Indonesian Diaspora as well and we also want you to be part of CID. In short, as long as Indonesia lies close to you heart, we want you to be part of this historic event.

Please refer to link below for details and registration.
https://diaspora.kemlu.go.id/

Warm regards,

Afra