Cannot Apply IBus on another user's GUI application

Bkkgbkjb3

Oct 28, 2018, 2:33:04 PM10/28/18
to ibus-user
Hi all

I'm asking about a how-to or feature request

I'm working on Debian/sid and Gnome on wayland

My IBus engine is 1.5.19 and used with IBus-rime

However, when I'm running GUI app as another user (like Wireshark as root) and capturing its windows
via xhost +

IBus cannot detect the cursor and function to type in it

Is it currently impossible for us to do this?

If so, is it be easy to add the new feature ?

Best Regards,
Bkkgbkjb

Takao Fujiwara

Oct 28, 2018, 11:47:33 PM10/28/18
to ibus...@googlegroups.com
IBus is a user process and you have to run ibus-daemon by user.
However probably I think that usage is not expected in Wayland for the
security reason.
I think xhost does not work for Wayland.