I have a fundamental question.

Junha Lee

Sep 16, 2009, 10:40:37 AM9/16/09
to iBugs
Hello, my name is Junha Lee.
I'm with software engineering lab, South of Korea as a master course
student.

I hope to use iBug Dataset to know what bugs' types and features there
is.
I think iBugs can be a valuable material to do that.
But I've never use material like iBugs.

So, I have very fundamental question, (sorry about that T.T)

The question as followings:

1. How can I make iBugs works? How can I see in iBugs? (Since I am a
beginner, please explain step by step.)

2. If I can do Question #1 above, it can be unnecessary. But, What
information is available on the DataSet : Source Code? or bug related
data? or something else?

I know It is very troublesome work. But please help me.

Valentin Dallmeier

Sep 17, 2009, 3:00:17 AM9/17/09
to ib...@googlegroups.com
Hello Junha!

Thank you for your interest in iBugs.

> 1. How can I make iBugs works? How can I see in iBugs? (Since I am a
> beginner, please explain step by step.)

We have written a technical report that contains a detailed
step-by-step guide showing how to use iBugs. You can download this
report here:

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~zimmerth/publications/files/dallmeier-tr-2007.pdf

> 2. If I can do Question #1 above, it can be unnecessary. But, What
> information is available on the DataSet : Source Code? or bug related
> data? or something else?

The repository contains sources and bug related information for a
number of bugs. If you're interested in dynamic techniques, you can
also use the test runs provided in the repository to execute the
subject.

Regards,

Valentin