Names for test cases

Francisco Servant

Jul 11, 2010, 3:20:46 AM7/11/10
to iBugs
Hello,

I have a question about the names that test cases can take in the
AspectJ repository.

Both in the file testresults.xml and in the <testsforfix> tag, I have
noticed that sometimes the name of a test is a string with a sentence
in English, and some other times, it is the name of a method.

Is there any particular reason for this? Are these two different kinds
of test cases?

Thank you very much!
Francisco

Valentin Dallmeier

Jul 11, 2010, 9:28:00 AM7/11/10
to ib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francisco!

First of all, Thank you for your interest in iBUGS.

> Both in the file testresults.xml and in the <testsforfix> tag, I have
> noticed that sometimes the name of a test is a string with a sentence
> in English, and some other times, it is the name of a method.
>
> Is there any particular reason for this? Are these two different kinds
> of test cases?

Yes. For AspectJ, there are unit tests and harness (system) tests.
Most system tests are specified in xml files and have a descriptive
name (a string with a sentence). The other tests usually are unit
tests.

Regards,

Valentin