Fwd: Using IBUGS Repository - Checkout version issue.

Valentin Dallmeier

Jul 8, 2011, 2:40:12 AM7/8/11
to ibugs

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Senthil Kk Mani <sent...@in.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 6:38 AM
Subject: Using IBUGS Repository - Checkout version issue.
To: valentin....@gmail.com

Dear Valentin,

I am Senthil Mani working in Software Engineering group (Productivity Tools) at IBM Research India. I am currently focusing on mining software artifacts (bug and source code repository) to derive meaningful insights about project execution, which can help improve productivity of software developers.

We were looking at applying IR techniques and wanted to evaluate our techniques on some subjects. As part of literature survey, I read your paper on IBUGS. I think it is a great effort from your end to have a repository that researchers can use and evaluate the techniques. I have downloaded the AspectJ subject and set it up as you had mentioned using Java 1.4..2 and Ant 1.7.1. However, when I ran the 'checkoutversion' target an error is thrown as attached below.

Even though the export mentions it as complete - there is no versions checked-out inside the 'versions' folder. Hence the prepare-version target fails looking for local.properties. This is folder structure of my IBUGS repository and the properties file. Am I missing something? It would be great if you can help me in using IBUGS. I have also placed a request to join the IBUGS google groups.

Thanks,
-Senthil
Advisory Software Engineer
IBM -  India Research Lab