Getting access to ASPECTJ

Shivani

Feb 21, 2012, 10:19:54 AM2/21/12
to iBugs
Hello All,

iBUGS is basically a repository of the bugs extracted from the version
histories of a software. For aspectj, I would like to get access to
the original repository and then look at its evolution and super-
impose the iBUGS information on there.

I am unable to find the cvs path to eclipse AspectJ... is this the
same software as the one indexed by the authors?

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Shivani

Francisco Servant

Feb 21, 2012, 2:33:49 PM2/21/12
to iBugs
Hello Shivani,

The url to access AspectJ is: :pserver:anon...@dev.eclipse.org:/
cvsroot/tools

Francisco

Valentin Dallmeier

Feb 22, 2012, 2:42:16 AM2/22/12
to ib...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Thanks for providing the link, Francisco. I would have expected that Eclipse has since switched to a modern version control system but it seems they're still stuck with the old infrastructure.

Valentin

Shivani

Feb 22, 2012, 4:50:04 PM2/22/12
to iBugs
Hello Francisco,

That worked! Thanks a lot. Valentin, they moved recently to git, but
cvs still holds info up and till 2011.
I am trying to replicate your work but only with one difference, I am
also trying to track the software changes along with the bugs. My
final goal is to get hold of change history by examining the logs of
the cvs repository for aspectj, along with the information about bugs
and fixes.

I tried getting log information from cvs using the following command

cvs -d :pserver:anon...@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/tools/ status
org.aspectj/modules log org.aspectj/modules

Does this mean, I get log of only the "head" only. Even if that is the
case, I am unable to find all the bugs reported in repository.xml
while scanning the log file. Infact, for some bugs, that information
is entirely missing. Is it possible that these bugs are fixed in
branches of the repository and not the trunk?

Did you guys scan/process the log containing all branches/tags/
releases of aspectj over 5 years?

Thanks a lot for your time and help.
Shivani