Locating the relevant source code files to bugs in the repository, tracing from repository.xml for ASPECTJ

Shivani

Sep 30, 2010, 10:37:49 AM9/30/10
to iBugs
I am a student at Purdue University and I am making an attempt to use
your dataset for bug localization. There are in total 350 bugs in the
ASPECTJ bug repository. There are in total 1884 source files relevant
to the bugs and all of these information is available in
repository.xml

I have been trying to locate these files (files that are changed or
created or deleted in order to fix the bug). Out of the 1884 files
around 1400 are found in the trunk of the repository (repository/
trunk). However the remaining are really hard to locate. I saw that
the folder tags has the prefix and the post fix snapshots of the
repository. I expected that for a bug wtih a <BUGID> the relevant
source files that are not in the trunk (especially those that are
deleted or renamed) would be found in tags/POST-FIX_<BUGID> and tags/
PRE-FIX_<BUGID>. However, I am unable to find the snapshots for each
<BUGID> in repository.xml
In the tags directory in all there are approximately 350 folders which
includes both POST-FIX* and PRE-FIX* files.

What bugs have their snapshots in the tags directory.Where should I be
looking to find remaining 400 files that are the relevant files to a
subset of the 350 bugs.

Your timely help is very appreciated. I thank you in advance for your
time and help.

Regards,
Shivani

--
Research Scholar,
Purdue University

Valentin Dallmeier

Oct 2, 2010, 6:23:51 AM10/2/10
to ibugs
Hi Shivani!

First of all, thank you for your interest in iBUGS. To save space in
the iBUGS subjects, we store different versions using a subversion
repository. There is an ant script that allows you to extract
snapshots for different versions. Please take a look at the technical
report available at

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~zimmerth/publications/files/dallmeier-tr-2007.pdf

It contains a step-by-step guide to extracting snapshots from the archive.

Regards,

Valentin

Shivani

Oct 6, 2010, 9:51:56 PM10/6/10
to iBugs

On Oct 2, 6:23 am, Valentin Dallmeier <valentin.dallme...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Shivani!
>
> First of all, thank you for your interest in iBUGS. To save space in
> the iBUGS subjects, we store different versions using a subversion
> repository. There is an ant script that allows you to extract
> snapshots for different versions. Please take a look at the technical
> report available at
>
> http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~zimmerth/publications/files/dallmeier-...
>
> It contains a step-by-step guide to extracting snapshots from the archive.
>
> Regards,
>
> Valentin

Shivani

Oct 6, 2010, 7:12:34 PM10/6/10
to iBugs
Hi Valentin,
Thanks for your reply. I have followed your suggestions and done
checkouts for each bug using the svn checkout tool. For a <file> that
is relevant to a bug, I divide it into 2 parts <path> <basename>
I then use the bug ID to form the path
<local_dir_where_svn_is_stored_for_ibugs/repository/tags/PRE-
FIX_<BUGID>/<path>> to <another_dir/PRE-FIX_<BUGID>/

but for the following files (and especially the following directories)
I always get the "URL path does not exist" meaning the directory does
not exist in the repository, but is mentioned in repository.xml

org.eclipse.ajdt/AJDT_src/

I am unable to use ant for my purposes, as my goal is to not run the
program using any test suite
I am just attempting to parse the bug reports and the files and
perform IR-like operations

I appreciate your timely help in-spite of your busy schedule

Shivani

wrote:
> Hi Shivani!
>
> First of all, thank you for your interest in iBUGS. To save space in
> the iBUGS subjects, we store different versions using a subversion
> repository. There is an ant script that allows you to extract
> snapshots for different versions. Please take a look at the technical
> report available at
>
> http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~zimmerth/publications/files/dallmeier-...
>
> It contains a step-by-step guide to extracting snapshots from the archive.
>
> Regards,
>
> Valentin

Valentin Dallmeier

Oct 8, 2010, 4:09:19 AM10/8/10
to ibugs
Hi!

It seems like you're looking at the wrong place. Please take a look at
properties.xml, where you can find a property named VERSION_DIRECTORY
, which specifies the directory where versions are checked out to. The
default is "versions". So, to find the files you're looking for, you'd
have to take a look at <ibugs_directory>/versions/BUGID/pre-fix> .

Regards,

Valentin