bugzilla links for jodatime

Shivani

Jul 7, 2012, 12:12:20 AM7/7/12
to ib...@googlegroups.com
I would like to export the bugzilla information for all bugs filed for joda time. How can I do that

Your help is appreciated
Shivani

Valentin Dallmeier

Jul 8, 2012, 2:05:27 AM7/8/12
to ib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shivani!

I'm not the export on data extraction for Bugzilla. First I would try to look for an export function but I seem to recall there is nothing of that sort for bugzilla. If you can't find anything I would try to systematically download them by enumerating all bug ids.

Maybe someone else has an idea?

Valentin

Shivani

Francisco Servant

Jul 9, 2012, 2:51:06 PM7/9/12
to ib...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

First, I don't think Jodatime uses Bugzilla. In their website, it seems like they are using Sourceforge's issue tracker:

Since both Jodatime and its iBugs compilation have a small number of bug reports, extracting their contents manually might be the quickest option for you.

If you still prefer to automate the process, you might want to take a look at the Mylyn open-source project, which includes code for accessing bug repositories from Java.

In this case, you would also need a plug-in to access Sourceforge's issue tracker from Mylyn.

Or, you can always write your own web-scrapping tool instead :)

Hope that helps!
--
Francisco Servant
PhD Student

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Shivani <raosh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to export the bugzilla information for all bugs filed for joda time. How can I do that

Your help is appreciated

Shivani

Shivani

Jul 11, 2012, 12:04:40 PM7/11/12
to ib...@googlegroups.com
Hello Francisco Servant,

Thanks  a lot for your help. Joda-time is tracked by source forge and not bugzilla. I would like to scrape the "changelist" or the modified deleted/added files as a result of the bug fixing process. I do not see that information filed well in Source forge. Can mylyn help me recover that? Also is mylyn able to export the information it extracts from the sourceforge to a html or xml or any other format?

Thanks again for your help,
Shivani

Shivani

Jul 11, 2012, 4:57:16 PM7/11/12
to ib...@googlegroups.com
Hello Francisco,

I did check up the source forge and found all the bugs there. I also installed mylyn and followed instructions to filter out queries of my choice. However, I do not see a "changelist" or a patchlist in the retrieved queries and the exported list is just a list of bugs, and none of the other information is available.

I will ofcourse use my own web-scrapping scripts as a last resort, but I was hoping there was an automated process for sourceforge which would do the following: Given the url of a bug/task/ download the corresponding webpage and scrape off the changeList for that bug.

Any ideas?
Shivani

Francisco Servant

Jul 19, 2012, 12:06:29 AM7/19/12
to ib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shivani,

I am afraid that the bug-fixing changes for a specific bug report is a piece of information that is not commonly tracked in bug repositories. So, you would have to guess that mapping yourself by using a heuristic (such as identifying the bug id # from the commit message). This is actually one of the things that iBugs provides. The iBugs database for JodaTime should give you the commit ids corresponding to the bug-fixing changes for a bug report.

Francisco