Locating files in AspectJ repository

SJ

Aug 16, 2011, 10:21:50 AM8/16/11
to iBugs
Hello,

I'm currently working with iBugs repositories to evaluate a rather new
software measure.
To do this I don't need the complete checkouts which are done by the
ant scripts. I only need bug relevant files. I wrote a script which
parses the repository.xml files and "manually" exports the relevant
files via "svn export".

This works fine for all files of the Rhino repository and for most
files of AspectJ.
However some AspectJ files can't be found.

The same problem has been discussed last year in this topic:
http://groups.google.com/group/ibugs/browse_thread/thread/f1838eb88b022fc1
But I think there was a misunderstanding and the problem hasn't been
solved.

Some bugs mentioned in the AspectJ/repository.xml (e.g. bugid 73859)
involve files starting with
org.eclipse.ajdt/AJDT_src/

These files can't be found by using the standard path to bug files.
As Shivani posted last year, the standard path used by ant to checkout
the files of a bug is
<ibugs_directory>/repository/tags/PRE-FIX_<BUGID>/<path_to_file>.

Valentin mentioned he should look at <ibugs_directory>/versions/BUGID/
pre-fix> to find the files. Unfortunately this doesn't help since the
version directory just contains files created by a checkout. What we
are looking for is the location of the mentioned files inside the
repository to do the checkout manually. Since I am not using ant a
version folder is not even created.

Any other ideas where the org.eclipse.ajdt files may be hiding?

Best regards
SJ

Valentin Dallmeier

Aug 24, 2011, 3:01:31 AM8/24/11
to ib...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, but I was on the run for the last weeks. The current version of the AspectJ subject does not contain all the files, in particular it does not contain the ajdt files. Could you let me know which files you need?

Regards,

Valentin

SJ

Aug 30, 2011, 1:05:30 PM8/30/11
to iBugs
Hi!

I've also been quite busy lately. Therefore I'm replying a little
late, too.

I do not need any particular files. But I am trying to get as much pre-
fix/post-fix source code as possible. The more files I get, the more
meaningful my analysis of software measures will be.
Is there a special reason why the ajdt files didn't find their way
into the repository?

Best regards
SJ

On Aug 24, 9:01 am, Valentin Dallmeier <valentin.dallme...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, but I was on the run for the
> last weeks. The current version of the AspectJ subject does not contain all
> the files, in particular it does not contain the ajdt files. Could you let
> me know which files you need?
>
> Regards,
>
> Valentin
>

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:21 PM, SJ <s-j...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I'm currently working with iBugs repositories to evaluate a rather new
> > software measure.
> > To do this I don't need the complete checkouts which are done by the
> > ant scripts. I only need bug relevant files. I wrote a script which
> > parses the repository.xml files and "manually" exports the relevant
> > files via "svn export".
>
> > This works fine for all files of the Rhino repository and for most
> > files of AspectJ.
> > However some AspectJ files can't be found.
>
> > The same problem has been discussed last year in this topic:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/ibugs/browse_thread/thread/f1838eb88b0...

Valentin Dallmeier

Aug 31, 2011, 3:15:12 AM8/31/11
to ib...@googlegroups.com
Hi
!

I do not need any particular files. But I am trying to get as much pre-
fix/post-fix source code as possible. The more files I get, the more
meaningful my analysis of software measures will be.
Is there a special reason why the ajdt files didn't find their way
into the repository?

There used to be when the subject was initially created. Our primary focus back then was on having test cases to execute. The ajdt component is a plugin for Eclipse, which was not testable at all at that time. On hindsight, we should have included the ajdt sources anyway.

Regards,

Valentin