503 error on IBTracs site

Michael Morrone

Jul 8, 2024, 10:59:53 AMJul 8
to IBTrACS Q&A

Hello,

FYI….I am currently receiving the following error on https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/data/international-best-track-archive-for-climate-stewardship-ibtracs/v04r01/access/netcdf/:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Regards,

Mike

Michael Morrone

Meteorologist

mi...@oceanweather.com

Oceanweather, Inc.

350 Bedford Street

Suite 404

Stamford, CT (USA) 06901

Tel: 203-661-3091

Ken Knapp - NOAA Federal

Jul 8, 2024, 1:53:57 PMJul 8
to Michael Morrone, IBTrACS Q&A
Hi
I have checked those links a few times internally and externally and they appear to be working. Perhaps there was an intermittent outage.
Please check again and let me know.
Thanks-
-Ken

Ken Knapp,
NOAA/NCEI/CSDB Chief
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this email are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the official views or policies of NOAA, Department of Commerce, or the US Government.

Michael Morrone

Jul 8, 2024, 1:55:35 PMJul 8
to Ken Knapp - NOAA Federal, IBTrACS Q&A

Hi Ken,

It appears to have been an intermittent outage, as the link is now working for me again.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Morrone

Jul 9, 2024, 9:00:26 AMJul 9
to Ken Knapp - NOAA Federal, IBTrACS Q&A

Hi Ken,

While the link is working, the data itself was last updated on 7/2.  Thank you for your help!

Best,

Mike