Information

Mahdieh Givehki

Nov 13, 2023, 10:15:58 AM11/13/23
to IBTrACS Q&A
Dear IBTrACS Team,

I am in need of Besttrack data, specifically information on minimum pressure, radius of maximum wind, and wind contours. While exploring the products available on the website, I am encountering difficulty in determining which one is more suitable for my requirements, particularly for storm surge modeling (ADCIRC).
I would greatly appreciate your guidance on selecting the most relevant product.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Mahdieh

Ken Knapp - NOAA Federal

Nov 14, 2023, 1:34:52 PM11/14/23
to Mahdieh Givehki, IBTrACS Q&A
Hi-
IBTrACS has the same data available in 3 formats. No one product is different except in format. So you should select which is most convenient for you to read and process for use in ADCIRC.
-Ken

Ken Knapp,
NOAA/NCEI/CSDB Chief
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this email are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the official views or policies of NOAA, Department of Commerce, or the US Government.