Mandous Typo

20 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Sandra Rayne - NOAA Federal

lukematon,
23.5.2023 klo 14.01.1423.5.2023
vastaanottaja ibtra...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon,

There seems to be a misspelling of the Cyclone Mandous on this page:

Thanks for your help!
Sandra

--
Sandra Rayne Ph.D (she/her)
Physical Scientist

Ken Knapp - NOAA Federal

lukematon,
25.5.2023 klo 10.00.5725.5.2023
vastaanottaja Sandra Rayne - NOAA Federal, ibtra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sandra
The Mandous misspelling has an interesting cause:
There is a storm in the record named DOUG, but one agency named it DOUS (a typo). So we put a script together to correct it (using a regex) changing DOUS to DOUG (among other minor name corrections).
Unfortunately, as you might guess, the unintended consequence is that the regex also catches MANDOUS and 'corrects' it to MANDOUG.
Ugh.

So yes, we're working on that correction (by properly coding the regex) and others to be included in an upcoming revision of the code & data.

Thanks for your patience.
-Ken

Ken Knapp,
NOAA/NCEI/CSDB
828-271-4339

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this email are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the official views or policies of NOAA, Department of Commerce, or the US Government.

Sandra Rayne - NOAA Federal

lukematon,
25.5.2023 klo 10.02.3225.5.2023
vastaanottaja Ken Knapp - NOAA Federal, ibtra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

No worries!  Thank you for looking into this :)

Sandra
Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle
Välitä