its doubt about data

Thano

Apr 24, 2024, 2:33:12 AMApr 24
to IBTrACS Q&A
Hello sir. Now I am going to do the internship program . That project Name is Characterization and assymetry analysis of rainfall distribution associated with burevi cyclone. Here i had take the deatils such as wind speed pressure  these are help ful to draw the track of cyclone. but these details specifically in NewDelhi. can I use this dat? and How can I get the Precipitation details for burevi cyclone period?

Ken Knapp - NOAA Federal

Apr 24, 2024, 2:49:27 PMApr 24
to Thano, IBTrACS Q&A
Hi
Thanks for your interest in IBTrACS data.

IBTrACS is solely for position and intensity of tropical cyclones (though it does include other aspects of the TC, like wind radii). It does not contain precipitation data, nor does it provide pressure or other data at nearby stations. That information would come from local weather stations?

Hope this helps clarify things.
Best regards-
-Ken

On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 2:33 AM Thano <paramt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello sir. Now I am going to do the internship program . That project Name is Characterization and assymetry analysis of rainfall distribution associated with burevi cyclone. Here i had take the deatils such as wind speed pressure  these are help ful to draw the track of cyclone. but these details specifically in NewDelhi. can I use this dat? and How can I get the Precipitation details for burevi cyclone period?

Ken Knapp,
NOAA/NCEI/CSDB Chief
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this email are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the official views or policies of NOAA, Department of Commerce, or the US Government.