request for feature / functionality, URL prefs referer

maillists

Jul 4, 2021, 3:51:43 PMJul 4
to 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users
Please, if possible, consider adding Send page referrer setting to the URL prefs, so that this (exposing the referer) can be defined on a per site basis.

rgds
-listmail

Oliver Roberts

Jul 9, 2021, 2:49:49 PMJul 9
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On 04/07/2021, maillists <list...@nospammail.net> wrote:
> Please, if possible, consider adding Send page referrer setting to the URL
> prefs, so that this (exposing the referrer) can be defined on a per site
> basis.

This has been been suggested on our bugtracker some years ago, but as
yet not implemented. It is not so easy to extend URL prefs
unfortunately, but not impossible, but we tend to queue features for
URL prefs up for bigger releases, since backwards compatibility is
compromised.

Most/many sites rely on the page referrer being set, so my
recommendation is to leave it on at all times. IBrowse adheres to
various RFCs (regarding the referrer header) plugging various security
holes.

--
Oliver Roberts / @Futaura / www.futaura.co.uk