IBrowse 3.0 crashes at AmigaOS3 when browsing webpages at PHP/C/Tcl dev webservers

lauri.ojansivu

Dec 16, 2023, 2:35:22 AM12/16/23
to IBrowse Users
Hi,
I have IBrowse 3.0 crashing at AmigaOS3, when run at AmiBerry:

- Bug: https://howinfo.github.io/ibrowse/amiberry-ibrowsebug.png
- Specs: https://howinfo.github.io/ibrowse/amiberry-specs.png

Same happens at AmigaForever using AmigaOS 3.X template:

https://howinfo.github.io/ibrowse/amiforever-ibrowsebug.png

Crash happens when browsing with HTTP to these webservers, that I used at local network http://192.168.0.20:

- PHP 8.2 and 8.3 devserver: https://github.com/wekan/php/blob/main/phpdevserver.sh
- C89 webserver: https://github.com/wekan/hx/blob/main/prototypes/code/webserver/works/c/server.c
- Tcl webserver: https://github.com/wekan/hx/tree/main/prototypes/code/webserver/works/tcl8

Crash does not happen at:

- Nginx
- Apache
- Go webserver: https://github.com/wekan/hx/tree/main/prototypes/code/webserver/works/go
- FreePascal webserver: https://github.com/wekan/hx/blob/main/prototypes/code/webserver/works/freepascal/server.pas

BR,
Lauri

Gerben van Kesteren

Dec 16, 2023, 3:08:27 AM12/16/23
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lauri,

Perhaps a "solution" can be found here:

Regards,

Gerben

lauri.ojansivu

Dec 16, 2023, 4:45:48 AM12/16/23
to IBrowse Users
Hi,
after turning off cache:

- AmigaOS3: https://howinfo.github.io/ibrowse/ibrowsecache.png
- AmigaOS4: https://howinfo.github.io/ibrowse/ibrowse-os4-cache.png

Bug is still there, tested with PHP 8.3 devserver:

- AmigaOS3 shows bug: https://howinfo.github.io/ibrowse/ibrowsebug2.png
- AmigaOS4 freezes, mouse does not move: https://howinfo.github.io/ibrowse/ibrowse-os4-freeze.png

Any other webpage loads immediately OK, http and https.

BR,
Lauri

lauri.ojansivu

Dec 16, 2023, 4:54:57 AM12/16/23
to IBrowse Users
AWeb - APL 3.4 webbrowser does not crash with PHP devserver.
AWeb webbrowser comes with AmigaForever 3.X template.
But AWeb only works with HTTP webpages. IBrowse works with HTTPS.

BR,
Lauri

Oliver Roberts

Dec 16, 2023, 8:57:50 AM12/16/23
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lauri,

I suspect it is the bug listed at the top of the list at:
http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/historylog/next.php

This fix will be released before Christmas.

Oliver
Oliver Roberts / @Futaura / www.futaura.co.uk

lauri.ojansivu

Dec 16, 2023, 10:41:29 AM12/16/23
to IBrowse Users
Hi Oliver,
that is a great point !
That FreePascal webserver code sets ContentLength, and that could be why it does not crash:
I try to fix my other code, so that there would be correct ContentLength.
Thanks a lot !

BR,
Lauri

Oliver Roberts

Dec 16, 2023, 11:02:36 AM12/16/23
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lauri,

I should emphasize that this is a bug in IBrowse, not in your code. IBrowse
always handled an unknown content length correctly, until I fixed another
bug, which in turn created this bug :)

It is just unfortunate and annoying that this bug went unnoticed during
beta testing, but I guess it shows most websites do set that header.

lauri.ojansivu

Dec 16, 2023, 11:27:13 AM12/16/23
to IBrowse Users
Hi Oliver,
according to this, at HTTP Spec there is recommendation to have content length everywhere, where it is possible,
and some web frameworks do set content length properly:

So while currently there is bug in IBrowse, I think there is also bug at my code that does not work like HTTP Spec.
When doing these minimal webserver examples, I like to fix them to work like at HTTP Spec.
I would think, that if there is no correct content legth, that could cause some additional delays etc, in some cases.

BR,
Lauri