IBrowse 2.5.7a hotfix

Oliver Roberts

Nov 5, 2022, 9:31:52 PM11/5/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Due to a couple of bugs that were discovered when IBrowse 2.5.7 was
released, a hotfix is now available for download via updated release
archives (OS4 users may use AmiUpdate to apply the fix). Anybody who
downloaded IBrowse 2.5.7 before 2330 UTC on 5th November is strongly
advised to update their installation using the new update.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

--
Oliver Roberts / @Futaura / www.futaura.co.uk

Darren Eveland

Nov 5, 2022, 9:53:38 PM11/5/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Still crashing on OS 3.2.1 on that url on my previous attachment.  It's still functional after, like ibrowse is not dead.

Darren Eveland

Nov 5, 2022, 10:02:17 PM11/5/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
I reverted back to IBrowse 2.5.6 to test that URL and it does not crash.

Oliver Roberts

Nov 5, 2022, 10:41:00 PM11/5/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Is it http://www.apollo-core.com/gfx/gold215.jpg that is crashing? I
can't seem to get it to crash here on OS3 or OS4 :(

Darren Eveland

Nov 5, 2022, 10:56:19 PM11/5/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
I think so, yes. I'll try on another machine to see if I can
replicate it (another os 3.x) machine.

Darren Eveland

Nov 5, 2022, 11:04:05 PM11/5/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
ok it doesn't crash on my Amiga 2000 with Vampire and CoffinOS R58.
But that's an entirely different setup than my Amiga 4000 with
Cyberstorm MK3/060 and OS 3.2.1 roms. And probably different
datatypes, although IBrowse is likely defaulted to use internal
decoding, correct? I may have WarpDT installed on that machine. I'll
check, but it should be moot if IBrowse is using internal routines for
decoding jpegs.

I do notice a difference between the A2000/Vampire and my A4000. On
my A4000, where it crashes, it tries to progressively decode the jpeg
on the fly. On my A2000/Vampire, it loads the image and shows a small
decoding, then it displays the image.

Oliver Roberts

Nov 6, 2022, 3:22:30 AM11/6/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so this means you are using the internal JPEG decoder on your
A4000 and the external/datatypes JPEG decoder on your A2000.

Which led me to the bug, which is related to the swap for the JPEG
decoder. The crash will go away if the memory limit is set to "No
limit". However, working on a fix for this asap.

Frank Busse

Nov 6, 2022, 4:36:48 AM11/6/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Hello Oliver,

thank you for still develope IBrowse.

With IBrowse 2.5.6 and 2.5.7a I have problems downloading the update (Error 404 file not found).

When I go to the download page and place the mouse pointer over the download link, the status bar shows
"http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/resources/IBrowse2.5.7-020+.lha"
but the bubble help shows
"http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/resources/IBrowse2.5.7-020%2B.lha".

There are different links in the status bar and in the bubble help, see attached screenshot.

If I click on the link, the download link from the bubble help is used and fails. If I change "%2B" to "+" then the download works.

Regards
Frank

--
Frank Busse, Neuhofen/Pfalz, Germany
EMail: Amiga...@t-online.de - PGP public key on request

Javier de las Rivas

Nov 6, 2022, 5:45:34 AM11/6/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
*** On Sun, 06 Nov 2022 01:31:49 +0000, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users wrote:

> Due to a couple of bugs that were discovered when IBrowse 2.5.7 was
> released, a hotfix is now available for download via updated release
> archives (OS4 users may use AmiUpdate to apply the fix). Anybody who
> downloaded IBrowse 2.5.7 before 2330 UTC on 5th November is strongly
[...]

I can't download
http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/resources/IBrowse2.5.7-PPC.lha

I get error 404:
Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Regards
--
AOS4.1/SAM460ex/PPC460EX-1155MHZ/2048MB/RadeonRX550/SSD240GB/DVDRW :-P

Oliver Roberts

Nov 6, 2022, 7:30:07 AM11/6/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Hi Javier,

On 06/11/2022, Javier de las Rivas <jabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *** On Sun, 06 Nov 2022 01:31:49 +0000, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users
> wrote:
>
>> Due to a couple of bugs that were discovered when IBrowse 2.5.7 was
>> released, a hotfix is now available for download via updated release
>> archives (OS4 users may use AmiUpdate to apply the fix). Anybody who
>> downloaded IBrowse 2.5.7 before 2330 UTC on 5th November is strongly
> [...]
>
> I can't download
> http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/resources/IBrowse2.5.7-PPC.lha
>
> I get error 404:
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL was not found on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
> ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Sorry - I decided to pull the releases again, whilst I investigated the crash
bug that Darren reported. It took a little longer than planned, but this has
now been fixed and the download should now be available again via AmiUpdate
and the website.

Oliver Roberts

Nov 6, 2022, 7:32:35 AM11/6/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Have now fixed this bug too - fortunately, it was isolated to the
internal JPEG decoder, when it tried to use swap space (if enabled in
the settings).

Javier Rivas

Nov 6, 2022, 7:44:02 AM11/6/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
ok no problemo. keep the good.work mate

Oliver Roberts

Nov 6, 2022, 7:48:35 AM11/6/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank,

On 06/11/2022, Frank Busse <Amiga...@t-online.de> wrote:

> thank you for still develope IBrowse.
>
> With IBrowse 2.5.6 and 2.5.7a I have problems downloading the update (Error
> 404 file not found).

Should now be available again (had to fix something else, so had
pulled the updates just in case!).

> When I go to the download page and place the mouse pointer over the download
> link, the status bar shows
> "http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/resources/IBrowse2.5.7-020+.lha"
> but the bubble help shows
> "http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/resources/IBrowse2.5.7-020%2B.lha".
>
> There are different links in the status bar and in the bubble help, see
> attached screenshot.

Yes, it is actually %2B in the URL in the HTML source, which is the
escape code for '+'. Thanks for mentioning this though, as it probably
should get unescaped before being shown in the bubble help (I see it
is unescaped in the info window too). Something for 2.5.8 :-)

> If I click on the link, the download link from the bubble help is used and
> fails. If I change "%2B" to "+" then the download works.

Hmmm... it probably shouldn't have (I must have forgotten to purge the
"+" URL from the Cloudflare cache). Be sure to download and install
again if you managed to download the old version using the above
method earlier.

wurzel

Nov 7, 2022, 11:27:19 AM11/7/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darren & Oliver,

On 05/11/2022, you wrote:

>> On Sat, 5 Nov 2022 at 22:41, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users
>> <ibrows...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Is it http://www.apollo-core.com/gfx/gold215.jpg that is crashing? I
>> > can't seem to get it to crash here on OS3 or OS4 :(

I just tried to load that image on my A1200 / 060 OS32.1, latest AmiSSL & IBrowse. I tried it with internal image loading and external image loading.

It worked both ways.

Bye for now,
--
Russell

Russell Butler
wur...@hotmail.co.uk Member, Team AMIGA The Amiga lives on!
Past President, Jersey Junior Chamber (JCI)

A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 50mhz 060 with SCSI & 256mb RAM
Mediator TX1200, Fast Ethernet, Soundblaster, 196mb RAM,
64mb Radeon, Spider USB, IDE 128Gb drive, CDRW

Never judge a man by his taglines.

weather:
Showers : 16.00 C, 60.80 F
Winds : Variable 17.26 MPH, 27.78 KPH, 15.00 Knots
(),
.altsignature1

Javier de las Rivas

Nov 7, 2022, 12:22:06 PM11/7/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
*** On Sun, 06 Nov 2022 12:30:03 +0000, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users wrote:

> Hi Javier,
>
> On 06/11/2022, Javier de las Rivas <jabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> *** On Sun, 06 Nov 2022 01:31:49 +0000, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse
>> Users wrote:
[...]
>> http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/resources/IBrowse2.5.7-PPC.lha
[...]

> Sorry - I decided to pull the releases again, whilst I investigated the
> crash bug that Darren reported. It took a little longer than planned, but
> this has now been fixed and the download should now be available again
> via AmiUpdate and the website.

Downloaded and installed ppc version. Everything went fine. THX!!1

Regards
--
AOS4.1/SAM460ex/PPC460EX-1155MHZ/2048MB/RadeonRX550/SSD240GB/DVDRW :-P

Darren Eveland

Nov 7, 2022, 1:37:35 PM11/7/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Yes thanks all. It looks like Oliver did indeed fix this - I used
2.5.7 (with the latest download) last night and it worked fine.

Darren
> --
Message has been deleted