left click on link not working

David S Lund

Feb 6, 2021, 1:43:13 PMFeb 6
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure that i messed something up. when i left-click on a link all that happens is the link turns yellow. i end up having to right-click and open link from menu.

Oliver Roberts

Feb 6, 2021, 2:12:34 PMFeb 6
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,
That would indicate IBrowse is hearing the left mouse button down
signal (link turns yellow), but not the mouse button up signal.
Presumably the mouse button is working fine elsewhere?

If so, have you changed any settings recently in IBrowse, MUI or the
OS? I don't recall any setting in IBrowse that could specifically
cause this behaviour though.

--
Oliver Roberts / @Futaura / www.futaura.co.uk

maillists

Feb 8, 2021, 4:13:32 PMFeb 8
to 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users
This can happen if using an USB connected mouse through Poseidon. In this case the input.device may need to be patched.

rgds

-maillists

Paul Hill

Feb 9, 2021, 4:08:40 AMFeb 9
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
I see this if I use Synergy to share my PC keyboard/mouse.
--
Paul

Gerben van Kesteren

Feb 9, 2021, 8:45:24 AMFeb 9
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Patrik Axelsson created a patch for exactly the scenario you describe below (patch will become obsolete in the upcoming OS 3.2 release).

You can get it at http://megaburken.net/~patrik/pt/InputAddEventPatch (just add it to User-Startup and make sure it is started before SynergyClient). Version should say "InputAddEventPatch 0.2 (11.11.2020) by Patrik Axelsson 2019-2020".

InputAddEventPatch adds IND_ADDEVENT command support to input.device.

Gerben

Paul Hill

Feb 9, 2021, 3:04:43 PMFeb 9
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 at 13:45, Gerben van Kesteren <gerb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Patrik Axelsson created a patch for exactly the scenario you describe below (patch will become obsolete in the upcoming OS 3.2 release).
>
> You can get it at http://megaburken.net/~patrik/pt/InputAddEventPatch (just add it to User-Startup and make sure it is started before SynergyClient). Version should say "InputAddEventPatch 0.2 (11.11.2020) by Patrik Axelsson 2019-2020".
>
> InputAddEventPatch adds IND_ADDEVENT command support to input.device.

Thanks Gerben.

--
Paul

David Lund

Feb 10, 2021, 9:24:50 AMFeb 10
to IBrowse Users
Thanks. I ended up just not starting Poseidon. I'm running OS3.9 on Amithlon. I read somewhere not to use the patched input.device with Amithlon. I am using a USB mouse and keyboard. I can always load Poseidon when needed..