If I buy for 2.5.7 can I upgrade to 3.0 for free?

Fahed al daye

Nov 13, 2022, 2:31:18 AM11/13/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
   Hello,

I am just wondering, if I Buy the iBrowse and in future there is a 3.0 would I be able to upgrade to 3.0 for free? Or do I need to buy it?

--
Yours truly,
Fahed Al Daye

Oliver Roberts

Nov 14, 2022, 8:17:24 AM11/14/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 13 Nov 2022 at 07:31, Fahed al daye <amig...@gmail.com> wrote:
   Hello,

I am just wondering, if I Buy the iBrowse and in future there is a 3.0 would I be able to upgrade to 3.0 for free? Or do I need to buy it?

Firstly, please do not repost your questions under a different thread - I saw it the first time, and have deleted the newer duplicate.

Details have yet to be finalised, so I can't make any promises, but currently the plan is for IBrowse 3 to initially be a free upgrade for those who have purchased a full 2.5 license (new or upgrade). Those who bought a discounted, limited 68K only 2.5 upgrade key will need to pay a small fee to upgrade to IBrowse 3 (similar rate to the current 2.5 sidegrade price). It probably goes without saying that IBrowse 3.0 will not be exactly what was planned 20 years ago, but development is set to move from IBrowse 2.5 to IBrowse 3 sometime next year.

--
 Oliver Roberts  /  @Futaura  /  www.futaura.co.uk

Fahed al daye

Nov 22, 2022, 1:55:01 AM11/22/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. Sorry about the double post. I am going to buy iBrowse 2.5 then. I want to support this browser...great browser for the Amiga 68k. Thank you for taking your time to develop the browser for the Amiga community. By the way, I don't mind if the development of the iBrowse means it needs a faster 68k or even may require RTG support. In the worst case scenario it may need WinUAE to use it, I don't mind doing that as long as the browser advances in development.