Depending on BOPTEST from other OSS project

Matt Robinson

Jan 19, 2024, 5:52:41 PMJan 19
to IBPSA BOPTEST
Hey all,

Does anyone have any examples of another OSS project that declares a dependency on BOPTEST? I have a project that packages up BOPTEST/starts the server and am looking for examples to copy. I can use something like a git submodule but was just curious if anyone had a more elegant solution.

Cheers,
Matt Robinson
PhD Student @ University of Colorado - Boulder

dhblum

Jan 20, 2024, 3:58:27 PMJan 20
to IBPSA BOPTEST
Hey Matt,

Within our own ecosystem development:
BOPTEST-Service uses a git submodule: https://github.com/NREL/boptest-service.
BOPTEST-Gym just relies on BOPTEST being deployed first: https://github.com/ibpsa/project1-boptest-gym.  Similar for the BACnet interface: https://github.com/ibpsa/project1-boptest/tree/master/bacnet.

You might look at how VOLTTRON did it: https://github.com/eclipse-volttron/volttron-boptest.

There may be others in this community deploying in other ways who might weigh-in as well.

Best Regards,

Dave

Matt Robinson

Jan 20, 2024, 6:02:05 PMJan 20
to Abridged recipients, dhblum
That's super helpful, thank you, Dave. Will probably just copy off the boptest-service structure for now.

Seems like VOLTTRON just has users run it out-of-band from its source if you're not using the publicly hosted service: https://github.com/eclipse-volttron/volttron-boptest/blob/main/volttron-boptest-agent/README.md#setup-the-boptest-simulation-server-locally

Cheers,
Matt