ibm_db Project

David Ashley

Sep 8, 2020, 9:59:27 PM9/8/20
to ibm_db
Hello all,

I am currently writing a book "Db2 and Python" for Apress. I have a long history with Db2 that goes back to 1987 and I have been using Python for about 6 years. I retired from IBM in 2016 and have been writing books since then.

I want to provide a little historical perspective in this book concerning the history of the ibm_db project. The problem is that I only just started using ibm_db and I have no historical perspective that I can build upon.

I need help with two items. I need a project member to provide me with a little history of the ibm_db project and any other open source project that uses ibm_db. Next, if anyone has the time I would like to have the Python code I have developed so far reviewed by a person who has actually used the code in production.

Any help anyone can provide the help I need will be most appreciated. Thank you for considering this request.

W. David Ashley

Saba Kauser

Sep 8, 2020, 10:03:47 PM9/8/20
to ibm_db
Hello David,
I can help you with the book. w.r.t Python code review, let's see if some one is interested from the group.

Thanks!