New release of ibm_db - 3.0.1

Saba Kauser

Mar 13, 2019, 5:48:48 AM3/13/19
to ibm_db
A new release 3.0.1 of ibm_db and ibm_db_dbi is available.

New in the Release IBM_DB-3.0.1
 - Reference README.md in MANIFEST.in
 - Fix ibm_db.get_option() to return correct attribute values
 - Fix ibm_db.cursor_type() to return correct values
 - Added test cases for ibm_db.get_option(), ibm_db.set_option(), ibm_db.cursor_type().
 - Added SQL_ATTR_TXN_ISOLATION for get_option() as it's used by ibm_db_sa
 - Add certificates needed to verify downloads from IBM FTP site - PR367
 - Fix unpredictable returning bytes instead string for multiple result sets - PR374
 - Removed unused tests_1 directory - PR376
 - Run install_name_tool post installation on mac_os - PR377
 - Ensure generated tarballs include IBM certificates - PR382
 - Copy README, LICENSE and CHANGES to ibm_db install location - PR384

Download Links
You may download new release and source code from:

https://pypi.org/project/ibm_db/

Feedback/Suggestions/Issues
You can provide us feedback/suggestions, or report a bug/defect, or
ask for help by using any of the following channels:
1. Opening a new issue at https://github.com/ibmdb/python-ibmdb/issues.
2. By opening new discussion at http://groups.google.co.in/group/ibm_db.
For prerequisites, installation steps and help details, visit -
https://github.com/ibmdb/python-ibmdb/blob/master/IBM_DB/ibm_db/README.md
Try this out and let us know your valuable feedback. Have fun.

Thank you!
Saba Kauser

Fishfin

Feb 10, 2020, 9:08:40 PM2/10/20
to ibm_db
I am trying to use this with Python 3.8, though pip install ibm_db  (even tried pipenv install ibm_db) work fine, on import ibm_db in py file, it gives an error "ImportError: DLL load failed while importing ibm_db: The specified module could not be found." I just happened to see an old 3.7 install, where it had site-packates/ibm_db_dlls folder with ibm_db.dll inside, but this folder doesn't get created with Python 3.8. I believe the 3.0.1 is not yet compatible with Py3.8. I just now opened one of the READMEs, and read this: "The minimum python version supported by driver is python 2.7 and the latest version supported is python 3.7 except version 3.3 as it has reached end-of-life." Is there anything I can do to make it run with Py3.8?