Ibm_db offline install

write...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2018, 10:01:34 PM12/16/18
to ibm_db
I need to install ibm_db on a server with no internet access, please refer me to egg files.

Saba Kauser

Dec 16, 2018, 11:00:20 PM12/16/18
to ibm_db
Hello Usman,

The egg files are available as part of the IBM Data Server Driver Package that must be downloaded separately.
On non-windows, You can build the source yourself offline.

Sagar Malik

Jun 12, 2019, 10:43:41 AM6/12/19
to ibm_db
Hello,
I have a similar requirement. Can you please point me to egg file for Python 3 (3.7 if available)  for Linux x86_64? I have already looked at IBM Data server Driver package V11.1FP3, but it does not have an egg file for Python 3. It has an egg for Python 2.5 version.

Thanks

Saba Kauser

Jun 12, 2019, 10:51:12 AM6/12/19
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sagar,
IBM Data Server Driver package does not contain egg file for python 3. In fact, this will not be the recommended method any more and you might not see any eggs in latest releases of the driver.
The recommended method is to use "pip install". For offline install, you could build the driver yourself as "pip install ." from the ibm_db source.
Set IBM_DB_HOME to existing installation of the driver on your machine as example:
export IBM_DB_HOME=/home/yourdirectory path to clidriver
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/yourdirectory path to clidriver/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and then cd to ibm_db source containing setup.py and  do:
pip install .

note: don't miss the dot followed by install in above command.

Sagar Malik

kad...@us.ibm.com

Jun 12, 2019, 12:54:48 PM6/12/19
to ibm_db
If you use pip3 install --no-index, it won't:

  --no-index                  Ignore package index (only looking at --find-links URLs instead).