Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

matt.newman78

nepřečteno,
14. 7. 2013 17:02:3214.07.13
komu: ibm...@googlegroups.com
Does anybody know what a salary key is and how you go about getting one? Apparentlt it is something that background checking companies use to verify employment ...but I havent heard of it and am not sure how we get one for ibm....

Joe Schmittlein

nepřečteno,
14. 7. 2013 17:37:5514.07.13
komu: ibm...@googlegroups.com
On 7/14/2013 5:02 PM, matt.newman78 wrote:
> Does anybody know what a salary key is and how you go about getting one? Apparentlt it is something that background checking companies use to verify employment ...but I havent heard of it and am not sure how we get one for ibm....

I've never heard of it. But companies can always contact HR of IBM or
anyplace else we have worked. HR will always confirm employment. But
for liability reasons that's about all they'll say. Also, most
companies, including IBM if memory serves me, have rules against any
employee providing a reference for a current or former employee. For
that, it's good so many of us were laid off. :-)

Alexey Romanov

nepřečteno,
14. 7. 2013 18:02:4314.07.13
komu: Joe Schmittlein, ibm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I went through this process (Salary Key) for Apple.

Basically it's a unique 6-digit key (something like a temporary single-use credit card number) with which employers can verify your previous employment, including salary, your title, etc. You have to give this number to company requesting it.

To get it, I first called 1-800-996-7566. They asked for my employer code. IBM code is 13274. Then they created an account for me with a temporary password. They already had my employment information, and asked a few security questions.

Then I logged in to:  http://www.theworknumber.com

Once logged in - there are 2 options: 1) Verify employment, or 2) Verify both employment and income.

I have everything set up, but didn't do the last step, because Apple backed out.

Regards,
Alexey

Preetam Alluri

nepřečteno,
14. 7. 2013 18:26:3314.07.13
komu: ibm...@googlegroups.com

Alexey is right on with the worknumber.
I used it for Apple,

I had provided the information for Employment verification through theworknumber website for Apple.
The website may still work even if our IBM chapter is closed now, as i saw an option for my employment veriifcation for Sun Microsysytems as well(my previous employer).

Thanks,
-Preetam

Matthew Newman

nepřečteno,
14. 7. 2013 18:36:3514.07.13
komu: Preetam Alluri, ibm...@googlegroups.com
so the site says you have to contact IBM for a USER ID... what is the number to do that?

Alexey Romanov

nepřečteno,
14. 7. 2013 18:59:2414.07.13
komu: Matthew Newman, Preetam Alluri, ibm...@googlegroups.com
Matt,

As far as I recall - I called IBM, and they directed me back to this 800 number/web site.

My user ID on this site is my social security #. But I recall I tried to create an account on this web site, and had some trouble. Calling the 800 number resolved it.

Regards,
Alexey
Odpovědět všem
Odpověď autorovi