Cool site

Bob Flanders

Jun 1, 2021, 12:17:48 PM6/1/21
to IBM1130
Thanks to Jeff Jonas who pointed out Grady Booch's wikiwand site:

This references the 1130:

Also found this gem:

if you click "tags" in the box in the upper right and scoll through the list, you will find "The IBM 1130 was built for scientific computing". Click it to see this:

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 12.16.23 PM.png

Thanks to Peter Vaughan and The National Museum of Computing in the UK.

Bob

Gabriel Zapata

Jul 9, 2021, 12:32:20 AM7/9/21
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Good night:

I am a mechanical engineer who started working on an IBM 1130 in 1972 at the Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana de Medellín, Colombia.
I worked as Chief of Systems until 1988 and now I am writing a book about that experience, close to 50 years.
I would appreciate it if you could send me photos of the IBM 1130, preferably in high definition.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Gabriel Zapata

Bob Flanders

Jul 9, 2021, 2:57:40 PM7/9/21
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
I will see if I can dig 'em out of my phone.

br...@quarterbyte.com

Jul 9, 2021, 3:05:03 PM7/9/21
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gabriel,

You might also visit the IBM archives - that's where most of the pictures on ibm1130.org came from

Cheers,
brian

Gabriel Zapata

Jul 11, 2021, 7:08:59 PM7/11/21
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
TKS...

Gabriel Zapata

Bob Flanders

Jul 12, 2021, 1:44:29 AM7/12/21
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

Ricardo Bánffy

Jul 12, 2021, 5:59:35 AM7/12/21
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the work of some mighty wizards.