java.lang.LinkageError

gopi.mu...@mutualofomaha.com

Jun 25, 2008, 4:24:02 PM6/25/08
Can somebody help me out on this issue. I am struggling with this error last 3 days on Portal 6. My server starts fine but I can't see my login page due to the following error. None of my applications using xml.jar and I have deleted all xml.jars except one.

com.ibm.wps.engine.Servlet init EJPFD0016E: Initialization of service failed.

java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/xml/transform/Source violates loader constraints: definition mismatch between parent and child loaders

at com.ibm.wps.state.parsers.NameMapperImpl.init(NameMapperImpl.java:770)

at com.ibm.wps.state.namemapper.NameMapperFactoryImpl.init(NameMapperFactoryImpl.java:164)

at com.ibm.wps.state.services.DefaultStateManagerService.init(DefaultStateManagerService.java:436)

at com.ibm.wps.state.services.DefaultStateManagerService.initContext(DefaultStateManagerService.java:533)

at com.ibm.wps.state.services.StateManagerServiceImpl.init(StateManagerServiceImpl.java:233)

at com.ibm.wps.state.services.DefaultStateManagerService.init(DefaultStateManagerService.java:404)

at com.ibm.wps.state.services.StateManagerServiceWithHysteresis.init(StateManagerServiceWithHysteresis.java:293)

at com.ibm.wps.state.services.JndiStateManagerService.init(JndiStateManagerService.java:253)

at com.ibm.wps.state.services.StateManagerService.initService(StateManagerService.java:103)

at com.ibm.wps.services.state.WPStateManagerService.init(WPStateManagerService.java:97)

Jim Barnes

Jun 25, 2008, 9:15:27 PM6/25/08
have you added any libraries to the appserver lib? or anything it looks like there are jars with the same class files and it is loaded once, and then tries to get loaded somewhere else from a different jar and it fails with the error you are getting