MQPUT while using MQCB : MQRC_HCONN_ASYNC_ACTIVE

ḨŬĐƧŎŊ ĐĺŊĺŹ

Apr 23, 2013, 5:21:31 AM4/23/13

Our process needs to read messages from a topic on the local Q manager and also write to a different topic on the same local Q manager.

To read messages we have used MQCB. The messages reach the callback function of the process. However, while the callback remains registered, we are not able to MQPUT messages to a different topic.

We get an error that says:
2500 : MQRC_HCONN_ASYNC_ACTIVE
An attempt to issue an MQI call has been made while the connection is started

Apparently, a single connection handle cannot be used to both read and write. We have to Suspend the MQCB, MPUT the message and Resume the MQCB to get it to work.

Is there a way to avoid having to suspend and resume?

Thanks,
Hudson