AMQ9999 in MQ Server connection channels.

vseetharaman

Oct 15, 2003, 5:46:32 PM10/15/03
Currently we are using MQ ver 5.2 for one of our gateways running in
win2k box which handles 40000 MQPUT transactions per day. The system
works fine except that few of MQPUT (that is around 10 to 100) fails
with return code 2059 every day while rest of them goes through fine.
The apps uses MQ client library and runs in the same box as MQServer
and uses default server connection channel SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN for
MQPUTs. MQCONN and MQDISC are called for each MQPUT. This is what we
happen to find in MQ logs when we look into the cause of errors.

10/15/2003 14:16:32
AMQ9209: Connection to host 'uscasaciccsga01 (138.83.166.37)' closed.

EXPLANATION:
An error occurred receiving data from 'uscasaciccsga01
(138.83.166.37)' over
TCP/IP. The connection to the remote host has unexpectedly
terminated.
ACTION:
Tell the systems administrator.
10/15/2003 14:16:32
AMQ9208: Error on receive from host uscasaciccsga01 (138.83.166.37).

EXPLANATION:
An error occurred receiving data from uscasaciccsga01 (138.83.166.37)
over
TCP/IP. This may be due to a communications failure.
ACTION:
The return code from the TCP/IP (recv) call was 10054 (X'2746').
Record these
values and tell the systems administrator.
10/15/2003 14:16:32
AMQ9999: Channel program ended abnormally.

EXPLANATION:
Channel program 'SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN' ended abnormally.
ACTION:
Look at previous error messages for channel program
'SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN' in the
error files to determine the cause of the failure.

Any clues ?

harish...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2016, 10:15:47 AM11/22/16
Hi vseetharaman,

Did you got any solution for your post. I am also facing same issue, can yo please help me on this.

Regrds
Harish

sanat...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2019, 4:20:49 AM1/29/19
even im looking for the same issue can you help??

ahmet....@collectivehealth.com

Jul 17, 2019, 2:16:48 AM7/17/19
I am getting the same error. It looks like a few things might cause this error:

1) ibm mq /etc/services configuration
2) firewall settings

in my case, mq is working fine for some clients so I eliminated (1). I also double check the file itself and the format looks correct

it is most likely firewall issue in my case but I need to do more research to understand which firewall it might be.

--

        Collective Health introduces the Employer-Driven Healthcare
Economy <https://collectivehealth.com/our-mission/>

_This message may
contain confidential, proprietary, or protected information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this
message. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by
reply email and delete this message._