Websphere 7.0 Admin Console question

TexFreddy

Jan 10, 2017, 3:43:07 PM1/10/17
So I've come upon a websphere 7.0 instance on a win 2008 server. There is only a Windows service for the AppServer. No windows service for the console.

The websphere admin console login page comes up http://localhost:9060/ibm/console

But there isn't a websphere appserver server called Dmgr01 anywhere. There is an appserver profile called AppSrv01. I've checked all the drives on the win server.

I did not install this WS instance. So where is the Dmgr01 profile? How is the Admin console starting up? Where are the files for the console located?

I've usually installed websphere 7 with a separate console instance and it creates a Dmgr01 profile.

So where is are the Administrative profile commands and files????

Thanks,

vivek

Jan 11, 2017, 4:41:43 AM1/11/17
What kind of installation, is it just ND or Base, incase it is base you might not have a deployment manager profile.

Sostenes

Jan 11, 2017, 5:58:29 AM1/11/17
You probably are running stand alone installation server with administrative console on it, so you don't need dmgr to open console.

TexFreddy

Jan 11, 2017, 10:44:10 AM1/11/17
Thanks, but the console won't launch.
http://localhost:9060/ibm/console does not work while I'm on the server itself. Says "Internet Explorer can't display the webpage".

I need the console to be able to deploy apps, etc.

I've verified the port 9060 isn't blocked.

It does not work with IPv6 enabled or disabled.