Problems with Data Access Beans 3.02 on WAS 2.03

Stefan Esch

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Hello,

may anybody help ?

I am nearly new to this web server and web sphere business.

I designed a servlet with VA Java 3.02 using the Data Access Beans. This
servlet uses
Oracle JDBC-Driver (8.1.5) to access an Oracle database. When running inside
the
WebSphere Test Environment of VAJ 3.02, everything works fine. I then
exported
this servlet to a jar file and published it on WebSphere Application Server
2.03 (webserver
is MS IIS 4.0). The servlet becomes alive properly but it crashes with the
following output
on the console, when instantiating the simple SQL Select 'CheckConnection'
from dual.

I then built a test case with console output and executed it from the
dos-box. By this, the
SQL-Statement was executed properly with the command
jdk\bin\java.exe -classpath jdk\lib\classes.zip;test.jar
with test.jar containing the classes fo the TestCase incl. all classes
referenced by them (as VAJ selects them at exporting)
and the classes of the Oracle JDBC-Driver.

Is there anything missing in my WebSphere Server ? Are the Data Access Beans
incompatible with WAS 2.03 ?

Any help would be nice.

Stefan

WAS 2.03 Console Output:
com.ibm.db.DataRuntimeException: The Select bean cannot create a new
SelectStatement object.
at com.ibm.ivj.db.uibeans.Select.newSelectStatement(Select.java)
at com.ibm.ivj.db.uibeans.Select.<init>(Select.java)
at com.td.basics.dbaccess.TDSelect.<init>(TDSelect.java)
at com.td.iuclid.webinfo.Wsis_servlet.connectForApplet(Wsis_servlet.java)
at com.td.basics.prototype.TDServlet.doPost(TDServlet.java)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:521)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
at com.sun.server.ServletState.callService(ServletState.java:316)
at com.sun.server.ServletPoolState.callService(ServletPoolState.java:281)
at
com.sun.server.ServletManager.callServletService(ServletManager.java:1324)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.SEServletManager.callServletService(SEServletManager.
java:133)
at com.sun.server.http.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:104)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
at com.sun.server.ServletState.callService(ServletState.java:316)
at
com.sun.server.ServletManager.callServletService(ServletManager.java:1324)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.SEServletManager.callServletService(SEServletManager.
java:133)
at
com.sun.server.ProcessingState.invokeTargetServlet(ProcessingState.java:434)
at
com.sun.server.http.HttpProcessingState.execute(HttpProcessingState.java:93)
at com.sun.server.http.stages.Runner.process(Runner.java:77)
at com.sun.server.ProcessingSupport.process(Compiled Code)
at com.sun.server.Service.process(Service.java:231)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.SELauncher.processMultiThreaded(SEEngine.java:599)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.SEEngine.service(SEEngine.java:319)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.api.ServerEntry.service(ServerEntry.java:201)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.nativeEntry.NativeServerEntry.service(NativeServerEnt
ry.java:144)
at com.ibm.servlet.engine.outofproc.OutOfProcThread.run(Compiled Code)

contents of the servlet´s jar:
Servlet Class
Oracle JDBC-Driver
all classes referenced by the ServletClass (as VAJ selects them at
exporting)

hy...@my-deja.com

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
I had a similar problem as yours when I tried to deploy servlets which
use com.ibm.ivj.db.uibeans.Select data access beans. My WAS is 3.0.2
though. The data access bean jar ivjdb.jar is not on my WAS jvm class
path. But when I added the ivjdb.jar to my app server classpath, the
Select class is still not found. So I have to export the whole IBM Data
Access Bean project to a new jar file and put it on my app server
classpath and it took care of the business. I just don't understand why
the data access bean stuff is not put in the WAS by default like other
packages.

I don't know if anybody has better ideas or understandings.

Helen

In article <8m6ev6$oni$1...@news.software.ibm.com>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

thoma...@my-deja.com

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00

Helen,

I got the same problem. I did the same as you said. Unforturnately, it
doesn't take care of my business.

Before I migrate the WAS from 2.0.3 to 3.0.2, it actually worked.

Will IBM do something on it?

Thomas

In article <8mchf7$9bl$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,