VaJava EJB tools and WAS classpath?

Tezcan Dilshener

Jul 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/21/00
Hi all,

I have a VaJava generated EJB. The servlet use its methods and calls
results.jsp
which calls a methond thru access bean to display EJB contents.

I can run this same application in WTE in VaJava without any problems and
my results.jsp compiles fine and I can see the contents of EJB.

However WAS complains about casting errors (see below) when the reulst.jsp
being compiled.

I think this has to do with IBM EJB tools jar not being in the WAS class
path!
Do I have to put this in a .jar file and add it into WAS classpath?
and what about the IBM Persistent Libraries, do also be in WAS classpath?

Thanks
Tex...

d:\WebSphere\AppServer\temp\SatzSoftWebHostTest\SatzSoftWebAppTest\JobsBaske
tEJBservletResults_jsp_1.java:85: Class
com.ibm.ivj.ejb.runtime.AbstractSessionAccessBean not found in cast.
jobsBasketAccessBean= (jobsbasket.JobsBasketAccessBean)
^
d:\WebSphere\AppServer\temp\SatzSoftWebHostTest\SatzSoftWebAppTest\JobsBaske
tEJBservletResults_jsp_1.java:85: Invalid cast from java.lang.Object to
jobsbasket.JobsBasketAccessBean.
jobsBasketAccessBean= (jobsbasket.JobsBasketAccessBean)
^
d:\WebSphere\AppServer\temp\SatzSoftWebHostTest\SatzSoftWebAppTest\JobsBaske
tEJBservletResults_jsp_1.java:98: Class
com.ibm.ivj.ejb.runtime.AbstractSessionAccessBean not found in void
_jspService(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse).
out.print(jobsBasketAccessBean.getItems() );
^
3 errors

--

--------------o-------------
T.Dilshener

Nimish Gupta

Jul 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/21/00
You need to find the Jar file which contains the class:

com.ibm.ivj.ejb.runtime.AbstractSessionAccessBean

And add that to the classpath. This is something which will be available in
the development tool (VAJava), but probably not in WebSphere.

"Tezcan Dilshener" <tez...@dilshener.de> wrote in message

Tezcan Dilshener

Jul 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/21/00
Thanks
I exported out the IBM EJB tools library onto WAS classes directory
and my application is working fine now.

Nimish Gupta <nimish...@thbs.com> wrote in message

Daniel Zimmerman

Jul 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/21/00
The VaJava documentation tells you to place the jar file
X:\IBMVJava\eab\runtime30\ivjejb302.jar into WebSphere's classpath. This jar
contains the runtime needed for associations, as well as access beans.

Daniel

smut...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2019, 6:53:30 AM8/21/19
Could you please help me to get ivjejb302.jar file? I tried to search but couldn't able to find.