DB2 Connection Problem

nle...@yahoo.com.hk

Jul 27, 2006, 11:24:22 PM7/27/06
Hi all,

Our web application hits the following two exceptions randomly (once or
twice a day) while opening connection to db2. Does anyone has idea
about the cause of the exception. We are using connection pool to
connect to db2.

A little background:
WebSphere Server : version 6.0.2.9 on AIX
Database product name : DB2/AIX64
Database product version : SQL08025
JDBC driver name : IBM DB2 JDBC Universal Driver Architecture
JDBC driver version : 2.9.31
JDBC driver type : 4

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException : Error opening socket to
server _server_name_/_server_ip_ on port _port_no_ with message : null

DB2ConnectionCorrelator: null
DSRA0010E: SQL State = null, Error Code = -4,499
DSRA0010E: SQL State = null, Error Code = -4,499
java.sql.SQLException: A communication error has been detected.
Communication protocol being used: T4Agent.sendRequest().
Communication API being used: OutputStream.flush().
Location where the error was detected: There is no process to read data
written to a pipe..
Communication function detecting the error: *.
Protocol specific error codes(s) TCP/IP SOCKETS
DB2ConnectionCorrelator: null
DSRA0010E: SQL State = null, Error Code = -4,499
DSRA0010E: SQL State = null, Error Code = -4,499

Any help appreciated!

oxg...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2006, 12:02:47 PM7/28/06

I would start looking at your TCP/IP connection to that server. Base on
the error, it looks like AppServer looses TCP/IP connection to DB2
server.

nle...@yahoo.com.hk

Jul 28, 2006, 9:36:17 PM7/28/06
Thanks for your reply. As I'm not a network guy, could you please
provide me some pointers that would help to gather more information?

oxg...@gmail.com 寫道:

alicej...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2017, 4:18:44 AM2/1/17
There are lots of causes of DB2 connection error but such kind of errors can be found due to several reasons and they have to be fixed at some point. Here, in this case, you can try some manual solutions to fix this issue. Or you can also try DB2 File Repair Tool. This tool will help you fix connection errors in DB2 easily.For more information, you may also log on to: http://db2.filerepairtool.net