Problen with XSL Transformation and WebSphere

ZMR

Nov 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/20/00
I want to XSL Transform XML with Xalan using Java.

System configuration:
- AIX
- WebSphere Application Server 3.5 Adv.Ed
- Xalan
- Xerces

Exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/parsers/DOMParser
at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.getDefaultLiaison(Process.java:1072)
at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.<init>(XSLTEngineImpl.java:367)
at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(XSLTProcessorFactory
.java:79)
at at.gv.bmi.zmr.presentation.xml.ZMRxslt.performTask(ZMRxslt.java:72)
at at.gv.bmi.zmr.presentation.xml.ZMRxslt.doPost(ZMRxslt.java:32)

Done Settings:
=> Inserted JAR Files in dependent Classpath
--"-- WebApplication Classpath

=> Actually i changed the startupServer.sh by insert the Xerces JAR
file to the top of the Classpathdefinition

scott_...@my-deja.com

Nov 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/20/00
Okay, I try to help as best I can. I had this working under 3.0 some
months ago, so my memory has dumped alot of this knowledge. I seem to
remember having to do the following:

1). Check/change the config files for xalan to indicate which engine
your are going to use.

2). Try adding the jars to the class path of the appserver you are using
as part of the -classpath parameter

As I remember, find info on this was difficult as the docs don't mention
WAS directly, but there are clues in it, and the tech support /email
support from xalan was good.

Hope this helps

Scott

In article <8vbrbv$slc$1...@news.software.ibm.com>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

user

Nov 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/20/00
WebSphere has an xalan.jar file in the lib directory. Are you using that
version of xalan or do you have your own xalan.jar? If you have your own
xalan.jar put it also at the top of the classpath...

Chris

Nov 25, 2000, 1:58:04 AM11/25/00

I have this problem too. How can I set teh classpath of the xalan.jar and
xerces.jar in top of those in lib directory?

Thanks.

Chris

"user" <us...@us.ibm.com> wrote in message