First attempt using HACL - need help

dcf

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
I am trying to write a Java application using HACL and PCOMM to execute some
host applications(MVS). I can't seem to establish a connection with the
host - so I am stuck at square 1. What are the basics required to establish
a connection? Does anyone know of any good books on the subject?

ECLSession s = null;
Properties sp = System.getProperties();
Properties p = new Properties(sp);
p.put(s.SESSION_HOST, new String("c:\\program files\\personal
communications\\mainfram.ws"));
p.put(s.SESSION_NAME, "A");
p.put(s.SESSION_TYPE, ECLSession.SESSION_TYPE_3270_STR);
p.put(s.SESSION_TN_ENHANCED, ECLSession.SESSION_OFF);
p.put(Session.CODE_PAGE, ECLSession.SESSION_CODE_PAGE_DEFAULT);

try {
s = new ECLSession(p);
} catch(ECLErr e) { System.out.println(e.GetMsgText()); }

I get the following message from this line of code: s = new ECLSession(p);

"IBM eNetwork Host Access Class Library, Version 2.0
Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 1998. All rights reserved

Unsupported Converter : 037
Converter3252.fakeConstructor : no matched Converter!!"

David

Scott Matthew Quint

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
Try eliminating all the session properties except the WS file name. They have no
real effect, but it is possible that the CodePage property is causing the
session to look for a converter that is not present. If this works for you then
you should report the situation as a defect. Regardless, most of the properties
have no real effect. In fact, only the SESSION_HOST, SESSION_NAME, and one other
that is not documented "SESSION_WIN_STATE" actually do something. The connection
will draw all of its needed information from the WS profile.