LDAPConnector - AddOnly mode

Hi

Jul 2, 2022, 12:34:18 AM7/2/22
I am trying to add users in LDAP using LDAPConnector in Addonly mode.
I have mapped:
$dn
cn
sn
givenName
ObjectClass

What are the hooks I have to consider?
I tried with onadd hook and it is not helping me much.
I am getting parser exception.

Please suggest me what all are I have to consider to add user in LDAP. I have gone through ISDI provided LDAPConnector guide.

Eddie Hartman

Jul 24, 2022, 8:53:14 AM7/24/22
Hooks are generally optional, unless you want to insert logic into the built-in workflow of the AddOnly Mode you're using. If you look at the Hooks tab of the LDAP Connector then you'll see a tree-view that shows you the top-to-bottom flow of logic.

That said, you do know that you can only add an entry once using AddOnly? If there already is an entry with that $dn value in the directory then the add operation will fail. If you want to be able to modify data as well, try Update mode. It combines a Lookup with AddOnly (if not found) and Modify (which is not a separate Mode).

And if you have not spent two hours working through the Getting Started tutorial exercises, then I recommend that highly!
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/SSCQGF_7.2.0/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_7.2/gettingstarted.pdf

I wrote it back for our first release and have kept it up-to-date since - at least, as long as IBM let me :)

/Eddie