How to invoke ISIM API in TDI AssemblyLine

Vamsi Acharya

Oct 4, 2021, 5:24:35 PM10/4/21
Hey peeps,

I'm pretty new to TDI development and I have this requirement to read last login date from a third party db and scramble passwords in ISIM based on their inactivity. I figured out the data transformation part, and stuck at the password reset part in ISIM. I'm suspecting calling ISIM WS from TDI is best way to go about it, but I have no idea where to start. Can anybody help?

Chris

Nov 16, 2021, 9:54:07 AM11/16/21
On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 4:24:35 PM UTC-5, vamsi.c...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey peeps,
>
> I'm pretty new to TDI development and I have this requirement to read last login date from a third party db and scramble passwords in ISIM based on their inactivity. I figured out the data transformation part, and stuck at the password reset part in ISIM. I'm suspecting calling ISIM WS from TDI is best way to go about it, but I have no idea where to start. Can anybody help?
You figure this one out? I've been able to successfully use TDI to make calls to ISIM's SOAP API to make changes to accounts. I just used HTTp client connectors in call/reply mode to manage the session and make the calls to ISIM. Works very well.

Eddie Hartman

Nov 16, 2021, 5:48:42 PM11/16/21
Absolutely, Chris. And if you spend a little time mastering the Debugger, you can interactively make calls and examine the response - i.e. playing around with it until you get it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h9Fg-SsToM

So if you HTTP Client Connector is called MyClient, then you could do something like this in the javascript commandline (one line at a time, followed by Enter):

requestEntry = system.newEntry() // create the Request Entry
requestEntry["http.url"] = "https://reqres.in/api/products/3" // set the url
requestEntry.body = "..." // set up a body if you are using PUT instead of GET
responseEntry = MyClient.connector.queryReply(requestEntry) // call the REST API
task.logmsg(responseEntry.getString("http.bodyAsString")) // print out the response body
task.dumpEntry(responseEntry) // or just dump everything you get back

/Eddie

Vamsi Acharya

Nov 19, 2021, 8:31:51 AM11/19/21
Hey Chris, thank you. Yes, I have leveraged TDI's SOAP connector and it all worked like charm.