Can I use JMS Connector?

Neha Rajpoot

May 3, 2021, 12:23:42 PM5/3/21
Hi ,

I'm new in TDI ,I'm trying to add AWS SQS / AWS Lambda in TDI .
Create payload in AWS SQS . AWS Lambda will pull the payload and process each request.
can we do that using JMS connector ?
Does anyone know ?
If know please help me how we do that using JMS connector or we can do that by using another component ?

Thanks & Regards
Neha Rajpoot

Eddie Hartman

May 3, 2021, 3:08:27 PM5/3/21
Cheers, Neha. If you're new to TDI then here is a link for learning it: https://ibm.biz/BdjiM6
First step is to make sure you're running a later fix pack. You will find details on this here: http://www.tdi-users.org.
Then work through the Getting Started tutorial exercises. This will give you a good foundation after a couple of hours work. I wrote this years ago for the first IBM version of Integrator after we got acquired back in 2002, and have been updating it over the years through new versions and rebranding. The versions for TDI 7.1.1 and SDI 7.2 are pretty much interchangeable so grab what you can.

Regarding using the JMS Connector with AWS SQS, here is a link:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSSimpleQueueService/latest/SQSDeveloperGuide/sqs-java-message-service-jms-client.html

The trick with JMS is the script to initialise the connection. There are a few queue technologies supported out-of-the-box, but SQS is not among them. If you have a access to a working instance of SQS then I'd be happy to experiment with you some time. Just reach out via Eddie at agilitar dot com.

/e

Neha Rajpoot

May 4, 2021, 11:17:20 PM5/4/21
Thanks Eddie, I'm new in TDI but not that much means I know how to run assembly line already installed SDI 7.2 and applied fix pack.

Regarding JMS connector I'm not sure about configuration part which server type should I select which not .
The link which you shared with me in that we can directly write java code and execute our code soo,How TDI is used in that .
I'm sorry I'm asking silly questions but please provide me information soo I should more clear in that .

Thank you
Neha

Eddie Hartman

May 6, 2021, 8:59:49 AM5/6/21
Not a sille question at all, Neha. TDI/SDI has many power features that few people know about. Do you have any colleagues as working with TDI? If so, I'd like to invite you and your colleagues to a TDI clinic online. We can connect, discuss what you are trying to do and see if we can come up with a solution. Sound good? If so, please reach out at eddie at agilitar dot com.

/Eddie