Multiple file lookup

Mohammed Aamir Shah

Sep 6, 2021, 7:45:54 AM9/6/21
How can we "lookup" a CSV based on values from another CSV?

Scenario- Let's say I have a CSV which has employee work details (UserID, department, designation etc) and another CSV with contact details (UserID, email, personal number, address etc).

Jens Thomassen

Sep 8, 2021, 1:21:04 AM9/8/21

Mohammed Aamir Shah

Sep 10, 2021, 6:01:17 AM9/10/21
On Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 10:51:04 AM UTC+5:30, Jens Thomassen wrote:
> Take a look at this, it may help.
> http://www.tdi-users.org/foswiki/Integrator/FlatFileLookups
Thank You Jens. I did do it using an intermediate DB. Was wondering if there was a quicker/better way to do it.
Thank You anyways for the link, appreciate the quick response.

Eddie Hartman

Sep 13, 2021, 2:29:49 PM9/13/21
One quick approach is to use the System Store Connector, which is an easy way to write your data to a database with a single key value. As the article Jens pointed you to states, another approach is to store the data in memory, which depends on the size of the data set of course. That's the beauty and challenge of TDI (SDI) - there are so many ways to solve a given challenge. It's up to you to choose the approach you are most comfortable with, and which will be simplest and least costly to own by the end-user.

/Eddie