Trouble Connecting to AWS-Based Postgres Database

Chris

Nov 15, 2021, 5:07:41 PM11/15/21
Having a remarkably unproductive day on the struggle bus.

I've been working with TDI/SDI for years and have never had a problem connecting to other JDBC data sources (DB2, SQL Server, Derby...), but I'm trying to do a proof of concept that requires me to connect to a PostgreSQL database hosted at AWS.

I snagged an AWS cert and added it to my client keystore, but now when I try to connect, I'm getting the following error:
"Unable to connect to the database (Could not open SSL root certificate file C:\Users\cl42359\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\root.crt.)" What the bleepity-bleep-bleep is "root.crt", any why is it being looked for?

Anybody know the secret sauce required to get this connection up and running?

Cheers,
Chris

Jason Williams

Nov 16, 2021, 12:44:35 PM11/16/21
Chris,
I haven't tried this myself, though from a quick search 'root.crt java postgresql', I found the following StackOverflow which might help point the driver to using the JVM truststore.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51291765/root-crt-not-found-postgresql

Here are to other links I found informational on the SSL topic
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/ssl-client.html
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/connect.html#ssl