Children Learning Reading SCAM OR LEGIT? Must Read๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜ฎ

priya singh

Jan 10, 2024, 5:20:05โ€ฏAMJan 10
Is it possible to teach your toddler to read at home? Do you want to learn how to teach a child how to read? This Children Learning Reading review will share with you my personal experience of using this program to teach my toddler son to read at home since he was 2 years and 3 months old.

Itโ€™s a rather lengthy read. So you might want to look at the details of the program right below if you donโ€™t have the time to read on. (Iโ€™ve also posted 3 video clips of my kid reading at various ages using this program, scroll down to the bottom if you want to take a peek!)

โœ…๐Ž๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐›๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ’ฒ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐ซ๐ข๐œ๐ž๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰ https://healthnewz.xyz/childrenlearningreading

Who Is It For? Children Learning Reading

This program is designed for parents with young children aged 2-8.

This is NOT a program where parents just pop a DVD into the player or sit the child in front of the computer screen.

Parents, youโ€™ll be actively involved in helping your toddler or preschooler learn to read phonetically through a simple, effective, and step-by-step program. Itโ€™s worth your time. Seriously. But please take note that this is aย digital package, there are no physical products to be shipped to you.ย Everything is downloadableย to your computer upon your purchase.

What Is It? Children Learning Reading

A unique and systematic reading program based on phonics and phonemic awareness instructions, that will teach young children as young as toddlers 2 or 3 years old to read.

The program creator, Jim Yang has successfully used this program to teach his 4 children to read before they turned 3.

There have been studies that show that phonemic awareness is highly effective in helping young children manipulate phonemes (individual sounds) to sound out words and in decoding printed text. Studies have also shown that teaching reading using the phonics method produces more successful and fluent readers.

Jim recommends that parents start their reading program around 2.5 years old as thatโ€™s the time the kid can speak more clearly. If your younger toddler has more advanced speech development, you can start your child earlier.

You wonโ€™t be sitting your child in front of the TV or computer screen for the lessons. Rather, youโ€™ll be spending quality time going through the step-by-step lessons with your child.

โœ…๐Ž๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐›๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ’ฒ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐ซ๐ข๐œ๐ž๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰ https://healthnewz.xyz/childrenlearningreading

Pros: Children Learning Reading
The program extensively teaches and helps your child to develop phonics and phonemic awareness skills.
Great introduction in the main e-book that discusses the importance and benefits of early reading, and the steps involved in helping your child to learn reading.
Easy to follow and itโ€™s all spelled out in the step-by-step lessons.
A chance for you to learn phonics too. Iโ€™ve never learned phonics as a child so I benefited from the lessons too.
Audio clips that demonstrate the correct pronunciations of all the letter sounds. I sure needed this as I wasnโ€™t schooled in phonics.
The lessons are short to match the short attention span of little kids and the busy schedules of parents.
Super-effective, and it will be so rewarding to see the reading progress of your child after each lesson. Itโ€™s certainly a rewarding experience for me.
There are printouts that you can print, cut and use in your lessons with your kid. My son loves the printouts and would ask to play with them even after the lesson is over.
This program is cheaper than the more branded and award-winning baby reading programs.
Everything in the program is downloadable so you can access it immediately. There are no physical products to be shipped to you. Save on shipping costs.
Cons: Children Learning Reading
You have to spend time daily to help your child learn. Consistency and daily parental involvement are crucial in helping your child learn to read successfully.
In the later lessons, occasionally I came across some words that didnโ€™t come out as quite right when I sounded them out. As I said, Iโ€™m not trained in phonics instructions. Maybe these are sight words.
Does Baby Reading Program Work? Not for Us.

When my toddler son was a baby at 7 months old, I bought an expensive baby reading program (nearly $170 after discounts) that claims to teach babies to read. It was an award-winning program after all and I was sold.

I started him on the reading lessons when he was about 9 months old. After several weeks of sitting my baby daily in front of the computer screen, one day I just decided to stop the lessons. I couldnโ€™t detect any sign of my baby learning to read.

By constant flashing of words and pictures, I wonder how effective can it be in teaching a child to read. But it was such an easy way out, just sitting my child on my lap and going through the daily lesson flashed on the computer screen. It hardly took any effort on my part.

Initially, I thought perhaps my son wasnโ€™t ready and I would give the program another chance when he was older. Instead, time rolled by and my son turned into a toddler and he wasย definitely not reading anything yet.

โœ…๐Ž๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐›๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ’ฒ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐ซ๐ข๐œ๐ž๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰ https://healthnewz.xyz/childrenlearningreading

Whole Word Method or the Phonics Method? The Latter.

When he was about 17 months old, I chanced upon another reading program, this time, theย Children Learning Reading program.

I read through their website page carefully and I began to see the importance of choosing the right reading method. Itโ€™s an enlightening read for me. I mean, I didnโ€™t even realize the importance of choosing the right reading method back then.

Perhaps it wasnโ€™t a bad thing that my son didnโ€™t learn to read with the baby reading program because now that I see it, it was teaching children to read by the whole word method which means my child would have to โ€œmemorizeโ€ hundreds or thousands of word shapes! Not a very sound and effective method of reading, I would say.

I would much rather he learn to read by sounding out words and decoding words through phonics and phonemic awareness instructions. Which by the way I have since learned would produce more successful readers in reading and spelling abilities. This is the method of instruction used in the Children Learning Reading program.

Knowing this upped my confidence in the program.

Not Speaking Yet? Develop Phonemic Awareness.

But my toddler son was barely speakingโ€ฆ

When I emailed Jim to ask him if it was alright to start my son on his reading program, he honestly replied that while my son might be too young to start on his program, it was not too early to help him build up his phonemic awareness skills.

Jim encouraged that his own son started picking up phonemic awareness when he was just about 1.5 years old and developed excellent phonemic awareness skills by the time he was 2.5 years old, and his reading lesson progress was fantastic.

I got the package, took Jimโ€™s advice, and worked on helping my son develop his phonemic awareness skills through play. The informal learning was kept to a minimum and revolved around play. Meanwhile, my son continued to grow, play, and explore the world around him.

By the time Kaden turned 2 years and 2 months old, he spoke some words, knew his alphabet, and could pronounce most of his letter sounds. I also noticed he was a very enthusiastic learner. I wanted to find something to stimulate and keep him occupied. I remembered Jimโ€™s reading program and started Kaden on his lessons.

Does This Program Work? You Bet! Children Learning Reading

It was a rewarding experience to see how joyfully my toddler son soaked up his lessons! He loved the early lessons and the printouts and would play with the printouts till the thick paper cutouts turned very worn and crumpled. Each lesson was short and on average less than 7 minutes.

Since he already knew his letter names and sounds when he started the program, his reading progress went great.

It was his mommy aka me who delayed his lessons every now and then, letting other activities and letting life take over certain days. The first half of the program is normally completed within 12 weeks or 3 months. We completed ours in 4.5 months.

But that didnโ€™t stop Kaden from learning to read! Itโ€™s fascinating when you see a little tot make an incredible process in learning from sounding out single words to sounding out short sentences such as:

โœ…๐Ž๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ ๐–๐ž๐›๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ’ฒ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐ซ๐ข๐œ๐ž๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰ https://healthnewz.xyz/childrenlearningreading

Can Toddlers Become Fast and Fluent Readers? Sure.

Maybe I was not schooled or trained in phonics instruction. It was me who sometimes found it strange when I sounded out certain words to my toddler. Despite me feeling like a robot sounding out words that sound rather incomprehensible to me, my son could mostly name the words I was sounding out to him. Awesome.

After we progressed into the latter half of the reading program, I detected his wonderful progress when I would play a tiny game with him. I would name a random word such as, โ€œButton, the word button starts with the letterโ€ฆโ€ and my toddler would continue with the answer B and its letter sound! To me, that signified the beginning of a little speller. I was pleasantly surprised and elated!

Something else convinced me that the Children Learning Reading program was a superb reading program.

Recently, when Kaden was about 2 years and 9 months old, he took out one of his several reader books passed down from his older cousins. It was a partial collection of a childrenโ€™s series known as โ€œKeywords with Peter and Janeโ€.

He took book 1A and asked me to read it. Instead, I asked him to read, thinking of taking the chance to help him practice his newfound reading skill. I was astonished when he could read book 1A entirely without my assistance!

Months earlier, I would never think that my toddler would be reading a short book to me anytime soon. But he did. And when I pulled out book 2A to see if the magic continued, it did.

Would I Recommend This Program? Highly! Children Learning Reading

I must say, going through the Children Learning Reading program with Kaden gifted me with one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. To be able to help my son learn to read, and to be able to witness his transformative journey and growth within such a short period, made me feel that I was doing something right.

It is an eye-opener to a young childโ€™s learning potential and an empowering feeling for a parent.

My son is now 75% through the lessons.

He would be chasing me for his lessons, โ€œMommy, do lesson 11!โ€ If I agreed, he would go โ€œDo lesson 12!โ€ And I would say, โ€œYou have to practice lesson 11 more. And when you are good at lesson 11, we will do lesson 12.โ€ :)

He enjoys peeking through his lessons which I have printed out and stored in a folder to see whatโ€™s up next. Knowing that he enjoys his lessons and has fun learning, thatโ€™s important.

If itโ€™s the first time youโ€™ve come across information about teaching a toddler to read, or youโ€™ve been contemplating whether to buy those expensive baby reading programs, stop. I would highly recommend that you check out the downloadableย Children Learning Reading programย by Jim Yang. His program rocks and youโ€™ll get obvious results!

Below is a video of Kaden reading at 3 years old. He was reading two of the very short stories from the book called The Apple by Joy Cowley. The video is under 2 minutes.