console log just stopped!

Jared Roberts

Jun 4, 2021, 2:09:11 AM6/4/21
Hey team
Any idea on why my Console Log would just stop working ?

My log4j properties are set as default:
# This logger logs to the console
log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=[%t] %-5p - %m%n
log4j.logger.com.ibm.di.config=WARN, CONSOLE
log4j.logger.com.ibm.di.TDIProperties=WARN, CONSOLE
log4j.logger.com.ibm.di.loader=WARN

I have 3 servers with (what looks like) identical config.
Cannot for the life of me figure out why the Console Log is just stopped working..
The result being - I can't see anything happening in my ALs in the UI !!
cheers

Scott Sharma

Jun 4, 2021, 4:07:31 AM6/4/21
I will assume that by UI you mean the Configuration Editor.
The logging of messages from running ALs to the Configuration Editor does not use log4j, so I do not believe the CONSOLE Log is involved.
This logging is done using RMI.
Is there any indication of a problem in ibmdi.log?
Is the Configuration Editor and the SDI server app running on the same computer?
If not, is there a firewall between them?
Was anything changed before the logging stopped working?
Did you try restarting the SDI server app and the Configuration Editor?

Jared Roberts

Jun 9, 2021, 2:55:24 AM6/9/21
Oh right... that did not occur to me. I thought it all came from log4j! Thanks :-)
I had the ibmdi.log disabled as I'd created a bunch of custom logging. Once I re-enabled it I could see that the console had a PKIX cert issue. Turns out I had added some certs to the store when I was trying to establish SSL over DIIOP to Domino (another story!!)
Once I cleared them out the console started working again.
Thanks for the troubleshooting questions!