Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

ITDS 6 questions - contents of the Change Log

5 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Siegfried Hanisch IBM

da leggere,
15 feb 2007, 09:25:2315/02/07
Hi

the customer is interested in what data is written into the Change Log
DB, especially if changes to operational attributes like password
counters, password history, password failure etc. are logged there.

Also, are changes which are replicated between two machines (peer to
peer replication, we have 2 masters), logged into both change log DBs,
or only into the change log where the client did the change?

If canges are only logged into one change log DB: is there a way to
"merge" these DBs, so that we have a consistent way to "look into the
past", i.e. to find historic data by analyzing the change log DB(s)?

Siggi

Siegfried Hanisch IBM

da leggere,
20 feb 2007, 04:16:1720/02/07
Hi
any ideas on this one? Are "replicated changes" also put into the
ChangeLogDB?

Siggi

Christian Chateauvieux

da leggere,
16 mar 2007, 15:35:1016/03/07
I don't think this is the case. Only local changes are put in the changelog.

Christian

sunny

da leggere,
20 mar 2007, 03:35:1720/03/07
If you have the changelog configured, then any changes to the DIT
will be logged into it. If you have a peer-to-peer setup,
and you make changes to P1 and P1 sends the changes to P2, then it
will be logged in P1(as a change happened to
its DIT) and the same change will also be logged in the changelog of
P2 (as a change happen to its DIT by replication which is a special
client). You can verify this by doing a search on the cn=changelog
suffix on both the peers after doing the change on P1. The
changenumbers might be different on P1 and P2.

--Sunil

On Feb 20, 2:16 pm, Siegfried Hanisch IBM

0 nuovi messaggi