Call for participation in Online Asian Machine Learning School 2022

Masashi Sugiyama

Aug 22, 2022, 11:07:05 PM8/22/22
to 情報論的学習理論と機械学習 (IBISML)
Dear all,

We invite applications to attend the Online Asian Machine Learning School (OAMLS), which is a part of the Asian Conference on Machine Learning (ACML) 2022 and will be held from December 8-10 and December 15-16, 2022, with ACML held in between from December 12-14.

By participating in OAMLS, you will have the opportunity to:

   • Learn from and engage with top experts in the field. OAMLS offers an invaluable chance to study fundamentals of machine learning as well as state-of-the-art advances from our invited speakers.
   • OAMLS provides a great networking opportunity to meet like-minded individuals who share your passion for machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence.
   • You may want to attend ACML 2022, which is held in a hybrid format in conjunction with the school.

Speakers:

   • Kun Zhang , Carnegie Mellon University & Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI)
   • Leslie Kaelbling , Massachusetts Institute of Technology
   • Arthur Gretton , University College London
   • Petar Veličković , Deep Mind
   • Mijung Park, University of British Columbia
   • Masaaki Imaizumi, The University of Tokyo
   • C V Jawahar, International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
   • Chiranjib Bhattacharyya, India Institute of Science, Bangalore
   • Swabha Swayamdipta, USC Viterbi School of Engineering
   • Pin-Yu Chen, IBM Research

We aim to have 200 strongly motivated and engaged participants in this event. We encourage applications from the Asia-Pacific region, although we open applications to anyone in the world provided that they will be able to attend the event which will be held in Asian time zones (daytime in Hyderabad, where ACML will be held). No deep experience of machine learning is needed to apply, but participants are assumed to have some basic knowledge of programming, statistics, and machine learning. We will provide recommended background materials for those who are selected to ensure that everyone has the required knowledge to benefit from the event.

The school is online, so there is no need to be able to travel to participate. Please apply at https://www.acml-conf.org/2022/cfoamls.html. Submitting an application is free of charge. We ask for a small registration fee for accepted participants. The application deadline is on October 3, 2022.

Contact: oamls20...@googlegroups.com

Thank you,

The OAMLS team

Masashi Sugiyama

Sep 23, 2022, 1:11:14 AM9/23/22
to 情報論的学習理論と機械学習 (IBISML)
IBISMLの皆様

12月にオンラインで開催される以下の機械学習スクールの申込締切は10月3日です.
奮ってご参加ください.

杉山将(理研/東大)

2022年8月23日火曜日 12:07:05 UTC+9 Masashi Sugiyama: