お世話になっております。ISM-UCL-UCSB-MQ WORKSHOP - Stochastic Modelling in Climate Risk: Financial Mathematics and Economics - のお知らせです。
日時：2023年11月21 - 23日
Climate change stands as one of the most daunting global challenges we face today. With palpable consequences on society, the economy, and our environment, its looming impacts are anticipated to intensify. Indeed, it poses a significant threat to the stability and growth of the global economy.
Statistics and Financial Mathematics play a crucial role in mitigating the effects of climate change on the public. Financial Mathematics provides tools for assessing and managing risk, while Statistics, which form the basis of machine learning and data science, offer methods to model, assess, and monitor climate processes. This workshop aims to bring together experts in mathematics, statistics, and environmental studies to explore the challenges and opportunities of climate change.
• Exploration of Spatial-Temporal Data: Dive deep into contemporary problems in spatial-temporal statistical data science, especially concerning climate and environmental risk assessment.
• Understanding Financial Mathematics: Investigate the role of financial mathematics in assessing and managing climate change risks.
• Impact Discussion: Discuss the broad implications of climate change and the associated challenges in risk management.
• Research and Collaboration: Identify pressing research questions and foster opportunities for collaboration in the realm of climate change.
• Model Development: Design new mathematical and statistical models to hedge against climate risks.
• Financial Innovations: Develop novel financial products and services aimed at aiding clients in risk management. A secondary focus will be on optimizing the cost structure of existing financial services.
• Integration of Machine Learning: Introduce integration models that employ statistical machine learning to simulate and predict climate change and/or economic scenarios.
Prof. Tomoko Matsui, The Institute of Statistical Mathematics (ISM)
Prof. Andrea Macrina, University College London (UCL)
Prof. Gareth W. Peters, University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB )
Prof. Pavel V. Shevchenko, Macquarie University (MQ)
Prof. Vu Tran (ISM)
Mrs. Saori Karuki (ISM)
The Institute of Statistical Mathematics
Tel: +81 50 5533 8537
Fax: +81 42 526 4335