30's literature

1 view

Ms. Butler

Jun 4, 2013, 7:26:08 PM6/4/13
to ibhisto...@googlegroups.com, gw-ib-...@googlegroups.com
I've shared some of the Walker Evans photos with you in our study of the Great Depression & I'd recommend Agee's book to anyone interested. Notice the commentary on the problems of depicting the struggles of real people as potentially embarrassing to them or their families.

http://nyti.ms/12q559x

NYTimes: A Paean to Forbearance (the Rough Draft)

James Agee’s unpublished 1936 article for Fortune about Alabama sharecroppers is being released on Tuesday as a book, “Cotton Tenants: Three Families,” with Walker Evans photos.

Image-1