Repeating dashed sentence

Maria Goldshtein

Mar 13, 2021, 1:07:46 AM3/13/21
to ibexexperiments
Hi all. I had a few followup questions based off of the thread that was recently posted on conditionally showing a repeat of a DashedSentence: https://groups.google.com/u/2/g/ibexexperiments/c/DK6wn8OtWro/m/0VMF4qp8AQAJ

I understand how to setup the question controller as needed, and have created a simple copy of the DashedSentence controller I am calling "RepeatedSentence". I have also managed to integrate that new controller into the correct portions of the experiment such that it displays when the experiment runs.

However, I am still a bit confused on how I can utilize the flag that I set as false in the question before my RepeatedSentence. I want to essentially stop the RepeatedSentence controller in its tracks, and move forward into the next controller in the sequence. Where should I put such a conditional within the RepeatedSentence controller, and what else should I include to make sure that the transition happens correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Alexandre Cremers

Mar 13, 2021, 11:01:38 AM3/13/21
to ibexexp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried something quick, and this seems to work: https://ibex.spellout.net/experiments/emmanuel/TestRepeatDashed/view

The code for "DashedSentenceRepeat.js" is here: https://pastebin.com/aWSMLMp8
Just create a file with this name, paste the content inside, and put it in your js_includes folder (it's not possible to share .js files over mail)

The relevant code in the data file is:
["practice", "DashedSentence", {s: "This is a practice sentence that can be repeated."},
     "Question", {q:"Do you want to see this sentence again?", as:["No","Yes"],hasCorrect:1},
     "DashedSentenceRepeat", {s: "This is a practice sentence that can be repeated."}
 ]

I haven't tested it extensively, and I haven't checked that the results are properly recorded. Make sure that everything works properly before using it in an experiment!

Best,
Alexandre