Re: syntax acceptability judgment - pictures and template

Message has been deleted

Alexandre Cremers

Jul 19, 2021, 10:47:00 AM7/19/21
to ibexexp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This isn't really the place to ask questions about PCIbex, as it works quite differently from the original Ibex platform. There's a specific forum here: https://www.pcibex.net/forums/, where you'll be more likely to get an answer.

Best,
Alexandre

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 5:32 PM H.Pi. <alessan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I am setting up an experiment in which appears a picture, a sentence, and an acceptability judgment scale, about the match of the picture with the sentence.

So I think I have managed to show pictures and sentences ( in the PCibex )
and I would like that under the image appears an acceptability judgment scale.

  • How should I declare the scale? ( I would like something like a row of buttons that the participant can click)

"AcceptabilityJudgment", {s: " ", q: " ", as: ["1", "2", "3", "4", "5","6","7"], leftComment: "(very bad)", rightComment: "(very good)"} ]

PennController.ResetPrefix(null)

DebugOff()

Sequence(randomize("experimental-trial"), "send", "completion_screen")

// Experimental trial
Template("design.csv", variable =>
    newTrial("experimental-trial",

        newImage("target", variable.foto)
         .size("25vw","25vw * getElementById('target').height/getElementById('target').width")
         .print()
         ,

        newText("sentence", variable.sentence)
        .center()
        .print()

         ,

         //newText("id", variable.id)
        //.center()
        //.print()

         //,
         newButton("continue", "Proceed")
          .print()
          .center()
          .wait()
          .log()
)
)

// Send results manually
SendResults("send")

// Completion screen
newTrial("completion_screen",
    newText("thanks", "Thank you for participating! You may now exit the window.")
        .center()
        .print()
    ,
    newButton("wait", "")