Italicizing One Word in a Dashed Sentence

Sarah-Elizabeth Deshaies

Jun 21, 2021, 6:33:18 PM6/21/21
to ibexexperiments
Hello,
I have a self-paced reading study where I use the DashedSentence Controller. I have already collected data for one experiment, I would like to modify this experiment and add italics to a word in the sentence. My previous code was something like the following.

["1A","DashedSentence",{s:"I am NOT certain that we can inspire others to do the same."},"Question",{q:"Do you strongly agree or strongly disagree with the statement you just read?", leftComment: "Strongly Disagree", rightComment: "Strongly Agree"}],

However, I would like to add emphasis to the word "inspire" through italics. So the sentence would look something like the following when presented as a whole...

I am NOT certain that we can inspire others to do the same.

Keep in mind that each word will be presented one by one and disappear after the space bar is hit.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance,
Sarah-Elizabeth

Jeremy Zehr

Jun 22, 2021, 2:31:44 PM6/22/21
to ibexexperiments
Hi,
You can edit the file DashedSentence.js and replace .text with .html at lines 127 and 271 (the ones that have this.words in them) then you can use <i> or <em>
Jeremy

Sarah-Elizabeth Deshaies

Jun 22, 2021, 3:18:02 PM6/22/21
to ibexexperiments